- It’s very important to keep in mind to get rid of acne production first in order to prevent the formation of new scars before treatment is started.
- Acne scars are formed when breakout penetrates skin deeply and damages the tissue beneath it.
- Always identify the type of scar in order to get the correct treatment.
- Avoid using the harsh treatment on the face in order to prevent more damage to the skin.
- Acne scars should be removed under the supervision of a physician only to avoid complications.
- Drink plenty of water to remain hydrated to get rid of acne scar naturally.
- Can apply honey on acne scar it can help in fading.
- Always use sunscreen to avoid exposure to the sun.
- Wash your face twice daily with plain water to maintain clear skin.
- Avoid cosmetic variety on the skin for trials purpose.
- Use mild and gentle cleansing agents.
- Avoid too hot water application.
- Avoid popping pimples
- Avoid sharing of same face towels.
TYPES Of ACNE SCARS
Usually, 3types of acne scar marks are noticed in clinical practice. They are as follows,
They are formed due to less collagen production around the healing wound. Again they are differentiated into 3 types depending on their shape such as Boxcar (U shape with sharp edges ), Ice pick (V shape which penetrates deep in skin ), Rolling ( round edges with rolling together ).
Most commonly found on the back of the body and in the chest region. They are produced due to excessive collagen during healing. They are present above the surface of the surrounding skin.
Discoloration leaves a purple, red, or brown mark after acne disappears from the affected area.
Alpha Hydroxy acids:-
They help in making acne scars appear less noticeable. This mild acid exfoliation helps in removing the outer layer of skin to help remove discoloration and rough skin.
Lactic acid peels:-
This helps in removing the scar mark along with Improving the texture appearance and lightening acne scars.
Creams and serums are available for retinoids. Best for usage especially in atrophic scars.
This helps in reducing pores, decreasing swelling and redness, and exfoliating the skin when applied topically.
Scars that are close to boxcar scars are well treated by derma abrasion Even deeper scars appear to be less noticeable after this treatment.
These are specially used for acne scars of the face by removing the top layer of skin in order to remove deeper scars permanently.
Helpful in acne scar and lighter skin tone .usage of bandage is required until the area is completely healed.
The person who is more prone to boxcar scar and who is not getting results with other treatment can opt for fillers. Rolling scars can also be treated with this.
This can be injected into raised scars in order to flatten their edges and soften them. Used in intervals once every few weeks.
Face wash and lotions:-
Face wash and lotions containing AHA and BHA cause mild exfoliation and reduce mild pigmentation and appearance of the scar.
Homeo Care Clinic
Dr.Vaseem Choudhary along with his team has treated many patients successfully with acne scar marks, so if you are seeking your cure please visit Homeo Care Clinic, Pune for further assistance.