Alopecia Areata is the term introduced first by a French physician named Sauvages De Lacroix. It is a disorder characterized by an interruption in hair production. It is classified into three major categories Alopecia Areata, Alopecia Totalis, and Alopecia Universalis. Many treatments are been recommended nowadays depending on the severity and requirements of Alopecia.
Causes Of Alopecia Areata
- Hereditary tendencies
- Hormonal Imbalance
- Chronic Illnesses
- Thyroid imbalance
- Menopausal age
- Ringworm infections
- Chemotherapy, Radiation
- Vitamin Deficiency such as Riboflavin, Biotin,
- Vitamin B12, Folate.
Symptoms Of Alopecia Areata
- Oval patch on the scalp
- Different sites of baldness on scalp
- Too much thinning of hair
- Excessive hair falls strands more than normal in a day
- Avoid daily shampooing
- Avoid baths with warm water
- Do not opt for too many variety of shampoos and various cosmetics brands.
- Oiling the scalp helps in the regrowth of hair.
- Avoid too much sun exposure
- Avoid exposure to pollutants
- Avoid eating too many sugary and caffeine products.
- Natural home remedies such as coconut oil, Alovera oil, and fish oil were also found to be effective.
Ingredients To Be Included In Diet For Alopecia Areata
- Consume fatty fish which contain omega-3 and Vitamin D.
- Drink 1 glass of milk regularly.
- Have eggs daily for breakfast.
- Eat more green leafy vegetables such as spinach and cabbage.
- Fruits having more Vitamin C such as Oranges, Berries, grapes, Apples
- Can opt for walnuts. Chia seeds, and flax seeds in snacks.
Well-Known Treatments For Alopecia Areata
- Platelet Rich Plasma treatment
- Vitamin B complex Injections
- Thermadome applicator
- Medication such as Minoxidil, and finasteride.
- Laser therapy
- Hair transplant
- Homeo Care Clinic
Homeopathy has created wonders in treating cases related to Alopecia Areata. Homeopathy uses the mode of Symptom Similarity and on basis of individualization treats the cause from within. At Homeo Care Clinic under the supervision of Dr. Vaseem Choudhary, many patients have got the best results with homeopathic medicines.
Homeopathic Medicines for Alopecia Areata
- Arsenic Album- One of the best Homeopathic Medicines for Alopecia Areata. Mostly indicated in patients who often complain of severe itching and burning of the scalp. Often circular bald patches are observed on the scalp.
- Baryta Carb- This is one of the best remedies used for Alopecia Areata. People who complain of baldness on the center of the scalp show positive results from this medicine.
- Fluoric Acid- This is also one of the medicines indicated for Alopecia Areata. People who complain of hair fall after a fever are often treated with this remedy. This remedy is also used for the regrowth of hair.
- Phosphorus- Mostly indicated in lean thin patients who complain of baldness in the forehead region. Continuous itching of the scalp due to dandruff is also seen in these patients.
- Natrum Muraticum- This is also one of the best remedies indicated in females who complain of hair loss. Hair loss mostly occurs due to anemia. Along with hair loss females also have pale skin with breathlessness.