- Hairfall could be a symptom having multiple reasons such as stress, hormonal imbalance less intake of nutritious food, lack of vitamins, psychological trauma, extreme weight loss, menopause, anxiety
- According to recent reports, physicians have stated that hair loss is also causing a huge crisis among youth which is due to post COVID 19 and is increasing at a higher pace.
- 90% of patients suffering from COVID-19 are experiencing post-hair fall after two to three months from the onset of disease.
Normal Hair Growth:
- Normal hair loss in a healthy human being is 80-100 strands a day
- Usually, hair follicle undergoes three phases such as
- Anagen know as growth
- Catagen called as resting
- Telogen that is shedding
- Normally 90% of hair is in anagen with only 10 % in catagen and telogen which is a normal cycle in a healthy human being.
COVID 19 hair loss:
- Being COVID 19 Positive . People are facing a condition known as Telegenic effluvium.
- Hairfall in telogen rises upto 50% leading to mass shedding which is seen post 3 months after the onset of the disease
- Recent surveys have claimed that this phase will last up to 1 year and most cases will subside on their own unless treatment required for nutritional deficiency.
- Telogen effluvium is a type of acute hairloss due to body weakness from the illness of COVID 19 and also because of its symptoms like fever and weakness.
Tips for reducing Hairfall:
- Follow exercise along with meditation and yoga
- Follow healthy nutritional diet
- Take hair supplements
1 . Natrum Muraticum:
Hairloss is usually noticed from the frontal area of the head that is the bregma region. Women having severe hair loss due to anemia can also be treated with this remedy
Lycopodium is found to be effective by many homeopaths for treating hair loss following COVID 19 . Also menopausal age women are showing good results with this remedy. Here the hairloss is witnessed from the vertex region first following the temple area and then radiating to other areas of the scalp region.
3. Fluoric Acid:
This remedy is found to be very effective in people having hairloss specially in spots . Hairloss following fever can be well treated with this remedy .women often complaining of dry tangled hair which has a tendency to break off easily are also showing great results with this remedy.
This remedy acts well in those patients when hair loss is usually seen in bunches. Hair becomes dry and grey which starts following from the vertex crown area and forehead, climatic change and water change hair loss could also Be treated well by this remedy youngster having dandruff leading to severe hair loss also have shown outstanding results.
Hairloss due to dry scalp, scaly dandruff can be treated with this remedy. Thuja usually acts for dry and thinning of hair. Physicians have claimed that thuja works well for stress and hair growth.
Homeo Care Clinic, Pune:
Dr. Vaseem Choudhary along with his team has treated many patients successfully with post-COVID Hairfall so if any of your family members is looking for your cure please visit our center for further assistance.