- Steroids are a group of organic compounds found in various types of fungi, plants, and animals.
- Group of steroids prescribed to manage neurofibromatosis are known as corticosteroids and another group of steroids that are used by the athlete are called as anabolic steroids
- According to studies it has been proved that there are many drugs that can cause a change in the menses pattern along with its character and duration.
- Sometimes it has also been noticed that some women face amenorrhea whereas others are prone to uterine bleeding.
Thus Dr. Vaseem Choudhary gives brief information on symptoms of changes in menses pattern and Homoeopathic Treatment on it.
A diverse range of side effects according to medicinal property:
- There are two types of steroids that have a different course of action on different females
- Anabolic steroids may cause irregular menses while corticosteroids may cause intermenstrual bleeding or delayed cycles.
- Birth control pills can often lead to amenorrhea
- Anticoagulation medications may increase the intensity of menstrual bleeding
- NSAID causes a decrease in menstrual flow
- Antipsychotics cause Irregular menses due to increase prolactin levels
- Antiepileptic medications lead to irregular menstrual cycle patterns.
SYMPTOMS OF OVERUSE OF STEROIDS:
- Irregular Menstrual Cycle
- Development of masculine features such as facial hair ,broad shoulders ,deep voice
- Shrinking of breast tissue
- Presence of acne and scar formation on the skin.
- Extreme anxiety
Dangerous Complications due to overdose of steroids
- Loss of hearing
- Irregular heart rate
Medications that affect the menstrual pattern:
- Steroid medications such as prednisolone can affect periods and make them irregular prolonged and sometimes heavier.
- A glucocorticoid used for the treatment of pemphigus leads to increase abnormal uterine bleeding
This is a great remedy for irregularities of menstrual problems. Diarrhoea is accompanied during mensis . Women feels awkward clumsy and continuously drops things due to swollen hands and feet .
Fatigue, anxiety and overwhelmed feeling are present which suggest this remedy. This woman may have problems with weight gain. Menses often come too early and lasts too long. A general feeling of chilliness with clammy hands and feet and cravings for sweets and eggs are an indication of this remedy.
This remedy is very helpful in young girls having complaints of menstrual problems There is the scanty flow of menses with irritability, weeping and depressed feeling menstrual flow can be accompanied by queasy feelings, nausea, and faintness. The timing amount and nature of menstrual flow is changeable .complaints aggravates by warmth and relief by cold.
Headache, nausea and heavy flow that makes genitals more sensitive irritated and swollen are an indication of this remedy Mensis are either too short and scanty and sometimes excessive flow with prolonged duration .
Uncomfortable irregular menstrual flow can be experienced often with a nagging urge to move the bowels before the flow begins Constricted feeling is present which may extend to rectum .women often feels chilly and improves from warmth and rest.
Homeo Care Clinic:
Dr. Vaseem Choudhary along with his team have treated many patients successfully of menstrual problems due to overuse of steroids .So if you or your family member is looking for cure please visit our centre for further assistance at Homeo Care Clinic, Pune.