Allergy was the term introduced in the year 1874. Clemens Von Pirquet was the creator to introduce Allergy into Medical Science through his Seminal Article. Dr. John Bostock who described and diagnosed High fever was said to be one of the most common allergic reactions which affected 15 million people in the United States. In the year 1869 first skin allergen test came into In medical science when physicians put pollen into the cut wound of skin and waited to see the allergic reaction that could take place. In 1930 antihistamines were been more widely used as they showed positive results in treating allergic reactions. The Discovery of Mast Cells in the year 1953 and IgE in the year 1963 gave a better understanding of physicians’ orders to learn more in detail about allergic reactions.
Allergy is defined as an abnormal condition where our immune system gets affected by a foreign substance. Immune system reactions can give rise to various signs and symptoms causing diseases.
Causes Of Allergy
- House dust mites
- Animal dander
- Chemical fumes
- Animal fur
- Insect stings
- Various food ingredients such as peanuts, milk
Symptoms Of Allergy
- Skin rash
- Severe itching and burning on the affected part
- Cold, coryza
- Abdominal cramps
- Wheezing in the chest swelling of the face
Warning Signs Of Allergy
- Constricted airways
- Weak irregular pulse
- Pale skin
- Physical examination
- Skin allergen test
- Blood and urine sample
Homeopathic medicine For Allergy
- Arsenic Album- One of the finest remedies used in treating Allergies. Often indicated in patients having food allergies. Burning and stitching type of pain present in the abdomen with a frequent thirst for small sips of water often calls for this remedy. Diarrhea, Vomiting, and Exhaustion are all keynote features of this remedy.
- Carbo Vegetabilis- Commonly used medicine in cases of food allergies. Indicated in patients who often complain of shortness of breath with a weak pulse. Indigestion, Bloating, and Flatulence is all symptoms that are commonly observed. Talking or eating worsens the pain more.
- Gelsemium- One of the most commonly used medicine for allergies that have flu-like symptoms. Common colds, cough, shortness of breath, fatigue, drooping of eyelids, and trembling of muscles are all symptoms observed in these patients.
- Hepar Sulfurous- Indicated in all types of allergic reactions such as Skin allergies, Respiratory allergies, and gastrointestinal disturbances. Yellow offensive sour cheesy-like discharges are the keynote feature of this medicine. There is fear of going out in public which makes a person angry.
- Lycopodium- Commonly used medicine in gastrointestinal disturbances. Food allergies often cause rumbling in the abdomen, heartburn, gas, and abdominal cramps. A small quantity of food makes a person full yet ravenous hunger is noted. Skipping meals makes a person more drowsy.