Ringworm is a type of fungal infection arising on the skin of a person. The name ‘ringworm’ comes from the fact that the tinea lesions often make a ring-like pattern on the skin. It is also known as Tinea Corporis. There are different types of fungal infections, out of which ringworm is one of the most common infections. It affects children, adult even animals also.
It occurs on the face, scalp, feet, nails, groin, and beard or over the entire body. Ringworm spread through direct contact person to person or from an infected animal. Cats are common carriers of infection. The infection can also spread through used clothes, towels, hairbrushes, common baths, swimming pools. Warm humid weather and wet cloths help the infections to grow.
Symptoms of Ringworm Infection:
- Reddish, scaly, or white patches on the skin.
- The lesions may appear raised and blistered.
- The circular lesion might have a clearing in the center.
- Ringworm of the scalp is characterized by patchy hair loss where the hair might be bent and broken at an odd angle.
Conventional Treatment for Ringworm:-
In the conventional mode of treatment, mostly ointment and cream are used. Along with topical treatment along with a combination of oral antifungal and anti-inflammatory drugs are also given. This improper and irregular treatment leads to drug resistance and other skin infection.
Homeopathic Treatment for Ringworm:-
- Homeopathy is a safe and effective mode of treatment for ringworm infection. Instead of treating ringworm infection i.e. end product of skin eruption, Homeopathic Doctor focuses on improving immunity, thus helping the body to fight the infection on its own.
- Homeopathy is absolutely safe and does not cause any unwanted side effects or suppressive tendencies.
- This is because a constitutional approach is followed in homeopathic treatment for Ringworm. Conventional methods concentrate only on removing the eruptions from the skin rather than removing the root of the condition.
Here are some of the remedies used in homeopathic treatment for Ringworm.
- Ringworm on Head – Mezereum, Dulcamara, Calc-Carb
- On Beard – Thuja
- On Fingers – Phosphorous,
- The finger between toes – Silicea.
- Between Groin region – Graphites, Thuja.
Homeopathic treatment for Ringworm recommends more than 60 remedies effective against the disease.
It is best to see a homeopathic physician to treat your ringworm infection. The doctor will examine your condition, get to the root cause, do proper case analysis, and prescribe you the medicines.