- Sneeze is said to be a powerful involuntary movement of the nostril which results in the expulsion of air
- It helps in removing irritants from our nose and throat
- Another term for sneezing is also known as sternutation
- Sneezing may also accompany vasomotor rhinitis
- The nose helps in keeping our air clear from pollutants and irritants when we breathe
- It also enables in trapping the bacteria in mucous which then get digest by the stomach and neutralizes harmful invaders.
- Dirt and irritants enter our nose and irritate our sensitive mucous membrane of the nose When these membranes become irritated it causes us to sneeze.
Causes for sneezing:
- Allergens such as mold, dander , pollen
- Viruses such as common cold or flu
- Nasal irritants such as dust, pepper.
- Inhalation of corticosteroids
- Withdrawal from opioid drugs
- Trauma to nose
- Breathing cold air
- Infections such as influenza, sinusitis, the common cold
- Deviated nasal septum
- Chemical compounds that include phosphine, chlorine, iodine
- Enlarged tonsils, adenoids.
Accompanying symptoms with sneezing:
- Watering of eyes
- Nasal discharge
- Loss of smell
- Puffy eyelids
- Body ache and fatigue
- Use a salve under the nose
- Take steam inhalation
- Blow your nose often in the right way
- Drink hot liquids
- Treat stuffy nose with warm salt water
- Avoid pollutants
- Apply hot packs around the nose
- Consume Vitamin C
1. Allium Cepa:
This is one of the best effective remedies for continuous sneezing. Along with sneezing, there is watery discharge from the eyes and clear nasal discharge which irritates the upper lip. Tickling of cough present. Patient desires fresh air. Warmth and close room aggravate complaints more.
2. Arsenic Album:
Burning a watery running nose with continuous sneezing calls for this remedy. Nose tackles during the attack with irritation. Swelling under the lower eyelids along with cough is a well-marked feature. A person may feel chilly, restless, anxious.
The sensation of dryness is often felt in the nose. Sometimes watery discharge from the nose is so severe which results in a continuation of sneezing. Aching in the back and neck is a trembling feature Chills run along the spine.
Long paroxysms of sneezing with continuous discharge from the nose are well marked. Watery eyes with a feeling of a lump in the throat .person is drowsy and has a headache and is unable to concentrate.
Eyes are swollen painful with acrid tears and bland coryza. Sneezing is continuously present which aggravates more in the daytime and from warmth cough is accompanied by nasal symptoms.
Homeo care clinic:
Dr. Vaseem Choudhary along with his team has treated many patients successfully of sneezing so if you are looking for your cure please visit our center for further assistance.