Asthma is a disease characterized by attacks of spasms in the bronchi of the lung causing narrowing of the airway and producing extra mucus because of allergic reaction or another form of hypersensitivity reaction
- Climatic changes like a sudden spell of cold and dry weather.
- Allergy triggered asthma resulting due to airborne factors such as pollen, dust, cockroaches, Wool blankets.
- Industrial triggered factors at the workplace like gases, fumes, chemical agents.
- Various respiratory conditions like the common cold, flu.
- Mental stress or emotional-related problems.
Signs & Symptoms :-
- Shortness of breath
- Tightness in the chest region
- Severe cough aggravated more in the night or lying down
- Wheezing noticed more on exhalation
- Fatigue, tiredness, weakness on exertion
- Known family history of asthma in siblings or either of the parent
- Heavy exercise like cardio
- Rapid movement of nostrils
- Increase abdominal breathing
- Cyanosis with palpitations
- Certain skin diseases like eczema can further result in asthma
Preventive Measures :-
- Known asthmatic patients should always keep inhalers nearby
- Avoid stress full exercise or vigorous walking
- Avoid going in dry and cold weather
- House to be cleaned regularly
- Woolen blankets to be avoided
- Get vaccinated for influenza which is common worldwide
- Take asthmatic medications regularly
Dry teasing cough which is present especially in the winter season,on auscultation wheeze present all over the chest there is tightness and constricted feeling all over cough is severe with a loud wheezing sound especially given in acute attack of asthma
Arsenic album :-
This remedy is indicated in people having complaints more on lying down there is chest tightness with constricted feeling as soon as the patient is lying down Due to asthma patient is always restless and in anxiety patient always desire for cold water because of dryness complaints are ameliorated by sitting and on bending forwards
Arsenic Iodum :-
Known cases of allergic asthma are well treated with this remedy there is blockage of nasal discharge with redness all over corrosive Nd burning feeling is present in eyes and in the nose before the attack of asthma patient starts with coryza and burning to feel all over
Natrum Sulph :-
All complaints are aggravated in damp weather there is tightness of chest and cough is so severe that patient holds his chest tightly while coughing cough is present with expectoration especially green in colour.
Antim Tart :-
Asthma is present with severe cough and breathlessness palpitations are also present especially in elderly there is rattling all over the chest complaints are more aggravated on exertion
Dr. Vaseem Choudhary
He has treated many cases of Asthma successfully and with his expert knowledge and mastery skills patients have shown outstanding results at Homeo Care Clinic, Pune.