- This month serves us as a reminder to know about the facts that cause common bladder health problems and to take an active role in taking care of our health.
- Each week the foundation highlights different aspects of bladder issues through weekly themes.
Week 1 -Interstitial cystitis:-
Also termed bladder pain syndrome which denotes Intense pelvic pain with a strong urge to urinate even waking up at midnights for urination.
Week 2 -Bladder infections:-
Usually results due to any bacterial infection in the urinary tract causing pain in the lower belly with frequent urination
Week 3-Bladder Cancer:-
Growth of an abnormal tissue known as the tumor develops inlining of the bladder causing painless bloody urine.
Week 4- Incontinence:-
Urinary incontinence is caused by problems with the muscles and nerves of the bladder that help the bladder to hold or pass urine.
Week 5-Nocturia and bedwetting:-
Waking up at midnight for urination is termed nocturia which occurs due to bladder obstruction sleep disorders and high fluid intake.
FUNCTION OF BLADDER
- Bladder stores urine which helps in voiding urine in a controlled manner.
- It is lined by various muscle layer tissue.
- During urination, the bladder muscle squeezes and two valves open up to allow urine to flow out.
- The normal capacity of the bladder is 400-600ml.
CAUSES OF BLADDER INFECTIONS
- Being immobile for long periods.
- Less intake of fluids.
- Any surgeries of urinary tracts.
- Being uncircumcised
- Sexually transmitted disease.
- Long usage of catheters
- Sexually transmitted infections
- Urethral stones
- Anal intercourse
- Repeated usage of contraceptives.
SYMPTOMS OF BLADDER INFECTIONS
- Frequency of urination
- Strong urging to urinate.
- Burning or tingling sensation just after urination
- Low-grade fever
- Cloudy urine
- The foul-smelling odor of urine.
- Nausea and vomiting
- Back pain
- Detail physical examination
- Urine culture and sensitivity tests
- Intravenous urogram
- Retrograde urethrography
- Homeopathic Treatment is based on the basis of symptom similarity
- A detailed history of the patient is noticed and on basis of individualization, the remedy is been prescribed.
- Similimum remedy is been prescribed in minute dosage taking into consideration the totality of symptoms including physical generals thermals and metals.
- Homeopathy targets the causative factor of disease along with symptoms.
- Following are a few Homeopathic remedies that are used frequently to treat bladder problems.
This remedy is mostly indicated when there is a strong urge to urinate. The patient often complains of sharp cutting pains felt before and after voiding of urine. Less amount of urine is passed at a time with scalding sensation .patient may feel incomplete sensation after passing urine. Fever associated with body aches is also seen in cases of cystitis.
This is also one of the topmost remedies for bladder infections. Mostly recommended for cystitis. Frequent urging is felt with burning pain at the end of urination. Urine passes when the patient is in a standing position and it dribbles in a sitting posture .some patient also complains that there are sediments seen at the time of voiding urine.
This remedy is prescribed when there is a constant urge to pass urine but cannot pass full urine. The stinging and burning sensation is felt and the person may also feel soreness in the abdomen. Heat and touch make the symptom worse. The patient feels better by cold application open air and cold bathing. lack of thirst is also a well-marked feature of this remedy.
Cystitis with cutting pains present in the back region. The passage may burn sometimes if there is no voiding of urine After passing of urine person feels as if some urine is left in the bladder .urging and discomfort is often worse from walking.
This is one of the best remedies for bladder infections. cystitis noticed in females especially after sexual intercourse often calls for this remedy Pressure may be felt in the bladder after urinating .some complain of unusual feeling as if a drop of urine is rolling in the urethra. incomplete emptying of the bladder is complained by many patients Cystitis usually after extended bed rest or after Usage of the catheter is been seen.
Homeo Care Clinic
Dr. Vaseem Choudhary along with his team has treated many patients successfully for bladder problems so if you are seeking your cure please visit Homeo Care Clinic, Pune for further assistance.