Gout is defined as a complex form of arthritis that can arise due to an increase of uric acid level in your blood causing inflammation of joints.
Knee, ankle, foot, wrist, elbow, big toe
- Diet rich in uric acid
- High blood pressure
- Medications like ACE inhibitors, beta-blockers
- Recent surgery or trauma
- Menopausal age
- Family history of gout
- Intense joint pain
- Tenderness and warm feeling at the joint
- Restricted movement of the joint
- Redness and swelling
- Stiffness of joints
- Itching and peeling of skin around the affected area
- Fever with malaise
Foods to Avoid:
Certain food contain a high amount of purines which further breaks down into uric acid resulting in gout
- Red meat such as pork, beef, lamb
- Organ meat
- Seafood such as cod, salmon
- Fruit juice
Diet Good for Gout:
- Vitamin C products like lemon, oranges
- Coconut water, green tea, lemon water also acts best
- Yogurt and skim milk is also effective for gout patients
- Nuts, peanut butter
- Eggs can be eaten in breakfast
- Limit alcohol
- Loose weight
- Emit smoking
- Regularly exercise
- Stay hydrated
- Eat a healthy diet full of green leafy vegetables
This remedy acts best in patients often complaining that joint is very painful and sensitive to touch, pain aggravates worse on motion, cold damp weather and better by lying down, tingling, stinging and tearing pain is present in the joint, person does not desire to move out from the bed.
A gout of especially of big toe and knee, there is tingling and stitching type of pain present patient usually say that there is stitching, lameness and swelling all over the affected part,symptoms usually aggravates in the open air and by uncovering, this remedy is best for acute rheumatism
This remedy acts best in cases of gout where there is gout with discomfort, there is sore bruised feeling all over there is swelling and tenderness over the affected part, redness of the joint and warmth causes patient unable to walk restricted movement of the leg is noticed
This remedy acts best in gout, there Is shooting type of pain present in the leg and the food which radiates upwards in the knees and to thighs patient gets relieved by cold application, the person is chilly and even joints feels cold to touch, stitching type of pain is present all over the affected area
This remedy acts best for gout in the elbow joint when there is a pressing or gripping sensation felt in the elbow along with pain warmth application in the affected area gives relief.
FAQ – Frequently Ask Question
1. How gout is developed in a healthy person?
Dietary products which are rich in purine breaks down uric acid in the blood giving rise to gout.
2. Which joints get affected by gout?
Ankle, knee, big toe, wrist, fingers shoulder gets affected
3. How does gout diagnosed?
A commonly recommended tests for gout is serum uric acid level.
4. Can homeopathy helps in reducing uric acid levels?
YES, Remedies like causticum,Berberis, abrotanum helps in reducing levels of uric acid