- In this modern era and fast pace of life many people are known to be affected by dementia.
- Doctors claim that although the disease is incurable it can be managed well if diagnosed timely.
WHAT IS DEMENTIA
- Dementia is termed a loss of cognitive function.
- It ranges in severity from the mildest stage when it is just the beginning to affect the person functioning to the most severe stage where a person becomes dependable on others for daily activities.
- According to doctors dementia is a vast term used to describe a group of conditions that affect mood , thinking, reasoning, memory, and behavior.
- The most common form of dementia is Alzheimer’s disease.
HAZARDS OF DEMENTIA
- Your daily routine gets hampered as a person is unable to perform his daily activities in basic life.
- Decision-making becomes inappropriate.
- The person becomes dependable for performing his daily activities.
- Age group from 40 to 60 years.
- Family history
- Excessive alcohol use
- Sedentary lifestyle
- Head injury
TYPES OF DEMENTIA
- Alzheimer’s disease
Building up of amyloid protein in the brain.
- Frontotemporal dementia
Abnormal amounts of protein from tau and TDP 43
- Lewy body dementia
Abnormal deposit of protein alpha-synuclein called Lewy bodies.
- Vascular dementia
Damage to blood vessels in the brain leads to poor blood supply and low oxygen flow to brain.
- Mixed Dementia
A combination of two or more types of dementia is noticed together.
SYMPTOMS OF DEMENTIA
- Inability to take a decision
- Asking the same question a number of times
- Difficulty in following instructions
- Getting interrupted in a conversation as unable to recollect words.
- Difficulty in speaking and expressing thoughts
- Forgetting route to familiar places.
- Trouble handling money
- Acting impulsive
- Loss of interest in daily routine.
- Cognitive and neurological tests
Assessment of problem-solving, balancing language skills, sensory response, and reflexes.
- Brain scans such as Computed tomography, MRI.
- Genetic tests
- Psychiatric evaluation
Mostly indicated in people who are sensitive to cold air. People often notice confusion while talking, Delirium occurring while muttering or shouting . Vertigo while walking, Thoughts of injuring oneself, inability to perform daily activities.
Physicians usually prescribe this remedy in cases of visual hallucinations, where the person is also disinclined to talk . A person is unable to perform his daily routine work, Gets stuck in a basic conversation forgets words Restless sleep, and sometimes exited mental state is also noticed.
- Hyoscyamus Niger
Mostly suited to people who have an obscene character with quarrelsome and maniac nature.Brain dysfunction and no signs of awareness due to brain infections. Confused feeling, nervous agitation, Intense sleepiness, Inclined to laugh at every little thing.
- Anacardium Orientale
Impaired memory, nervousness-related dyspepsia, reduced sense of vision, loss of hearing, poor memory, problem in decision making, unable to perform basic daily activities, unable to handle money, forget route to home , Malicious, suspicious, aversion to work, lacking self-confidence.
People usually complain of forgetting small things, rapid debility, reduced energy levels, loss of appetite, forgetting the way to work, irritability on small things, cannot to handle the basic task that requires help. Dependable on people for all things.
Homeo Care Clinic
Dr. Vaseem Choudhary along with his team has treated many patients successfully with dementia so if you are seeking for your dementia is a broad term for a group of diseases and illnesses that affect your thinking, memory, reasoning, personality, and other aspects of your life. please visit our center for further assistance.