- Prematurity Awareness Month is observed every November with world prematurity day on 17th
- Its main objective is to create awareness about preterm birth and the concern of Preterm babies and their families worldwide.
- The ratio of pre-term babies born before 37 weeks each year is 9.8percent.
- Since the year 2003 March of dimes has been leading the awareness of the risks and impact of Preterm babies through their campaign with the goal of reducing the premature birth rate.
- Official colour code for world prematurity day from media campaigns,local events is denoted as * PURPLE*
- The theme for world prematurity day 2021 is
ZERO SEPARATION ACT NOW
CATEGORIES OF PRETERM BIRTH
There are 4 categories of Preterm births be differentiated according to the number of weeks the baby is born. These are as follows:-
– Preterm ( Born between 34-36weeks)
– Preterm ( Born between 32-34 weeks)
- Very Preterm (Born before 32 weeks )
- Extremely Preterm ( Born before 25 weeks )
- Poor nutrition before and during pregnancy
- Habitually taking drugs
- Drinking alcohol
- Certain infections such as urinary tract and amniotic membrane fluid.
- Previous premature delivery.
- Abnormal uterus, cervix, or placenta.
- Medical issues such as high blood pressure or diabetes.
- Physical injury
- Multiple miscarriages.
- Pregnancy with twins, triplets.
FEATURES OF PREMATURE BIRTH
- Small size with a disproportionately large head
- Fine hair covering many parts of the body
- Sharper looking less rounded features
- Low body temperature due to lack of fat storage
- Respiratory distress
- Breathing problems
- Lack of sucking reflexes
- Low birth weight
WARNING SIGNS OF PREMATURE BIRTH
- Regular or frequent sensations of abnormal tightening
- Constant low dull backache
- The sensation of pulling down pressure in the lower belly
- Vaginal spotting
- Mild abdominal cramps
- Leakage of amniotic fluid.
- Children being born more and more early with less than 1000 grams birth weight can progress faster in all delayed milestones with the help of homeopathic mode of system
- Homeopathy has shown wonderful results in cases of premature birth babies such as
Delayed milestones In terms of (feeding problems, walking, speaking, dentition, talking )
- Homeopathy has also shown positive results in children with mental retardation,
Low eye Q level and many other symptoms.
- Following are a few Homeopathic remedies that have proved to be best for treating childhood problems in premature birth babies.
Homeopathic medicine for delayed milestones are as follows
Calcarea Carbonicum, Calcarea Phosphorica, baryta Carbonicum, Tuberculinum, carcinocin, Arethusa.
Homeopathic medicine for low eye Q Level
Anacardium, Arsenic Album, Sulphur, Phosphorus.
Homeopathic remedies for bronchial asthma in premature babies
Arsenic Album, Antimonium Tartaricum, Natrum Sulphuricum, Hepar Sulphuricum, Adrenaline.
Homeopathic remedies for delayed sucking reflex after birth
Nux Vomica , Caulophyllum, Pulsatilla Chamomilla.
Homeo Care Clinic
Dr. Vaseem Choudhary along with his team has treated many patients successfully of premature birth before and after birth with all illnesses so if you are seeking your cure please visit Homeo Care Clinic, Pune for further assistance.