- National Healthy Skin Month is celebrated in the month of November.
- It is sponsored by the American Academy of Dermatology.
- It helps in the overall understanding of various skin problems and ways to prevent them to maintain normal healthy skin.
COMMON SKIN PROBLEMS
Acne is termed a skin disorder that causes pimples to form blackheads from clogged pathways between your oil glands and skin pores.
More than 50 percent of the population from age 14 to 39 carry contagious herpex simplex virus which is a common cause of cold sores .they appear as clusters on lips and mouth.
Redness, skin dryness, raised re bumps appearing on nose, cheek, forehead, chin ears.
Also termed atopic dermatitis which results in dry scaly patches on skin, scalp, forehead, face .it can be long lasting.
Psoriasis causes the body to generate new skin cells. These cells pile on the surface of the skin and create scaly patches.
It is an autoimmune disease that attacks parts of the body including the skin. It appears as a thick scaly sunburn-like flare rash on the skin.
Mostly 20 percent of the population suffers from this. These include two types squamous cell carcinoma and basal cell carcinoma. The majority of deaths happen due to melanoma.
COMMON SKIN SYMPTOMS
- Discoloured skin patches
- Dry skin
- Open sores
- Ulcers or lesions on the skin
- Red, white, or pus-filled bumps
- Scaly or rough skin
- Rashes with redness of the skin
- Continuous itching of skin.
- Old-looking skin with blemishes and spots.
DIAGNOSIS OF SKIN PROBLEMS
- Physical examination
- Skin patch test
- Tzanck test
STEPS TO MAINTAIN HEALTHY SKIN
- Remain stress-free
- Hydrate yourself daily with a sufficient amount of fluid intake.
- Regular check your skin for any spots or blemishes.
- Apply sunscreen on daily basis to avoid sun exposure.
- Apply rose water pack, neem pack on face
- Eat fruits and vegetables
- Avoid oily and spicy food.
- Antihistamines and antibiotics
- Laser therapy
- Medicated creams and ointments
- Steroid injections
- Chronic skin diseases are not curable with other conventional methods unless they are treated within root cause.
- So here is a fact where the homeopathic mode of the system comes into a role where skin problems are treated on basis of individualization with similimum remedy.
- Every remedy differs from person to person based on his susceptibility and miasmatic factor where mentals and physical generals are taken care of.
- In Homeopathy physicians treat the root cause by focusing on the cause and pathology of the disease.
- Here are a few remedies which have shown outstanding results in every skin problem.
Remedies for Acne:-
Nux Vomica, Thuja ,Sepia ,Silicea, Kali Bromatum ,Pulsatilla.
Remedies for Eczema:-
Natrum Muraticum, Silicea, Sulphur, Thuja, Mezereum, Borax, Graphites.
Remedies for psoriasis:-
Petroleum, Arsenic Album, Calcarea Carbonicum, Mezereum, Sepia, Sulphur.
Remedies for lupus erythematosus:-
Apis Mellfica, Arsenic Album, Rhustox, Causticum, Ruta Graveolens.
Remedies for dry skin:-
Hepar Sulphuricum, Calendula, Sulphur Aurum triphyllum, Antimonium Crudum.