- Cholesterol is a waxy white like substance that is produced by our liver
- Cholesterol which is said to be a basic component of lipoproteins was first introduced by Poulletier De La Salle in 1769
- Rediscovery of this lipoprotein was again channelised by Chevreul who named it cholesterin in the year 1815
- Bouldet in 1833 found cholesterol in the blood.
The function of Cholesterol
- It plays a vital role in the formation of cell membrane
- It’s also important for Vitamin D and certain hormones
Types of Cholesterol
Low-density lipoprotein :
Also termed as bad cholesterol which builds up in arteries which causes heart attack and stroke
High-density lipoprotein :
Also termed as good cholesterol which helps in LDL to return back to the liver for the process of elimination
Very low-density lipoprotein :
These are lipoproteins that carry cholesterol
- There are an estimated 17.3 million deaths each year from heart disease around the globe due to hypercholesteremia.
Desired Level of Cholesterol
- LDL less than 100mg/DL
- HDL 60mg/DL or higher
- Triglycerides less than 150mg/dl
- Increase amount of trans fat or saturated fat in the diet
- Change in the LDLR genes BMI of greater than 30 are at high risk for hypercholesterolemia
- Genetic causes
- Angina chest pain
- Extreme Fatigue
- Shortness of breath
- Numbness and coldness in extremities
- Pain in neck, jaw, upper abdomen, back
- Severe headache
- Slurring speech
- Sudden dizziness
- Fish oil supplements with omega 3 fatty acids
- Flax seeds
- Coriander seeds, turmeric, garlic
- Green tea
HOMEOPATHIC MANAGEMENT HAS PROVED TO BE USEFUL IN CLINICAL PRACTICE IN TREATING PATIENTS WITH HYPERCHOLESTEREMIA.
Here Are Few Remedies As Follows :
Crataegus Oxyacantha :
Most physicians claim that this is one of the best cardiac tonics when there is high arterial tension .person has an irregular pulse and breathing. cholesterol symptoms are often associated with nervous symptoms
Insomnia, anemia is also treated with this remedy.
This remedy is best for cancer of the liver. Hepatic engorgement is been found on scan .jaundice gall stones all can be treated with this remedy .patient feels nervousness with anxiety feeling due to dizziness and chest pain due to increase cholesterolemia.
This remedy points at an Increase in power of vitality or to any genuine stimulation of function .this remedy acts best for atrophy of the liver,sub-acute hepatitis, cirrhosis often associated with hypercholesteremia.
Nux Vomica :
This remedy is also effective in cases of hypercholesteremia. The patient often complains of nausea often associated in the morning after eating meals .vomiting with much retching Desires for stimulants .liver engorged with stitches and soreness. colic with upward pressure with shortness of breath present.
Allium Sativum :
This is often prescribed by physicians for higher cholesterol symptoms .patients often complain of eructations after eating food. constipation, high blood pressure are also associated symptoms present .shortness of breath with irregular breathing is often seen.
Dr.Vaseem Choudhary has a perfect Diet Chart to Maintain Cholesterol!
Homeo Care Clinic
Dr.Vaseem Choudhary and his team have treated many patients successfully of hypercholesteremia so if you are seeking your cure please visit Homeo Care Clinic, Pune for further assistance.