- Obesity is termed an excessive amount of body fat.
- This campaign aims to raise awareness of the grievances occurred due to obesity and promotes organisation such as world obesity and obesity society.
- One in 5 children is said to be obese around the globe.
- Childhood obesity puts kids risk at of type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, and heart disease.
Causes of Obesity :
- Familial inheritance
- Liquid calories such as beverages, soft drinks
- Sedentary lifestyle
- Excessive usage of mobile appliances
- Certain medications
- Physiological problems
- Lack of sleep
- Digestive problems
- Eating disorders ( Binge eating disorders)
- Genetic disorders
- Excessive body fat accumulation around the waist
- Shortness of breath
- Sleep problems
- Inability to perform daily tasks
- Lack of concentration
- Lack of confidence
- Low self-esteem
Ways to Promote Healthy Life Style :
- Daily physical exercise
- Promote healthy eating habits and avoid junk food
- Compulsory regular healthy and heavy breakfast.
- Limit screen time
- Engage the child in outdoor activities
- Avoid fast foods, baking products, snacks.
Homeopathy plays an important role in treating obesity, especially in the adolescent age group. Following are few Homeopathic remedies that have shown the best results
Calcarea Carbonicum :
This is one of the best remedy suited to people who have a slow metabolism. Children look chubby and have excess fat in the abdominal area. These people usually suffer from constipation due to sluggish metabolic activity. Children have a tendency for excessive tendency and are sensitive to cold weather.
This remedy is prescribed more where children gain fat more on thighs and buttocks. Also, these people often complain of gastric troubles like flatulence, bloating in the abdomen, and constipation. They also have excessive hunger and overeating .mentally children are very irritable and show tantrums about every little thing.
Natrum Muraticum :
This is one of the best remedy for childhood obesity. Ravenous hunger is present where the child often complains of headaches. Complaints usually occur after depression or lack of self-esteem or low grades at school.
Natrum Phosphoricum :
This is also a high-grade remedy for childhood obesity where the child often complains of sour eructations in the mouth Heavy meals often lead to indigestion and heaviness with a burning sensation in the stomach. Desires to stay in the house.
Fucus Vesiculosus :
This remedy acts best if obesity in a child is due to a thyroid problem. This remedy helps in controlling the thyroid hormone. Flatulence, indigestion, constipation are all cured by this remedy . The child often complains of fatigue, laziness aversion for studies, lack of concentration.
Homeo Care Clinic
Dr.Vaseem Choudhary and his team have treated many patients successfully of childhood obesity so if you are seeking your cure please visit Homeo Care Clinic, Pune for further assistance.