- Immunity is derived from the Latin word Immunes meaning exemption. It is defined as body’s ability to defend itself against foreign invaders like viruses, fungi, bacteria and parasite.
- There are 2 types of immunity known as Active and Passive.
- Active immunity occurs when our own immunity is responsible for protecting us from pathogen whereas Passive immunity occurs when we are protective from a pathogen by immunity gained from somewhere else.
- Vaccines contribute to active immunity by providing us in controlled way to create a immune response.
SYMPTOMS OF WEAK IMMUNE SYSTEM:
- Recurrent long lasting infections
- Weakness, tiredness and fatigue
- Gastric disturbances such as nausea , vomiting , diarrhoea
- Unhealthy skin and nails
- Impairment in growth development
- Since years Homeopathy has been repeatedly used for different epidemics to boost immunity system .
- Founder of Homoeopathic system of medicine Dr Samuel Hahnemann had invented the term named as “Genus Epidemicus” to distinguish the remedy which would serve as prophylactic for the epidemics.
- HOMEOPATHIC Prophylaxis against scarlet fever ,Spanish flu ,dengue, swine flu , leptospirosis are some of the discoveries which proved to be beneficial for the society.
HOMEOPATHIC Approach Towards COVID 19 for Boosting Immunity:
- In the case of novel disease entity like COVID-19 no system of medicine has years of experience to justify regarding prevention or management. Therefore it is vital that Homeopathic remedies which rely on totality of symptoms based on individualization would be essential to avoid contracting the infection .
- With Homeopathic approach these remedies helps in reducing the virulence of symptoms and promoting faster recovery by taking into account weak immunity and strengthening their natural defenses.
Homeopathic Remedies Pertaining to different age group:
Remedies such as Echinacea, Nux Vomica, Belladonna, Pulsatilla, Silicea have shown exceptional results in cases of children where symptoms have found reducing to a great extent.
Symptoms such as fever ,cold ,body-ache nasal congestion ,nausea , vomiting and poor appetite have reduced leading to cure.
Symptoms such as tiredness ,cough ,fever , breathlessness ,joint pains ,muscle pain, loss of smell and taste ,sore throat, headache are some of the chief symptoms which are seen on regular basis in COVID 19 patients .
Remedies which showed outstanding results are Arsenic Album, Gelsemium, Belladonna ,Natrum Muraticum , Phosphorus, Camphora.
List of Homeopathic Remedies with their course of action:
It is a immune stimulant which stimulates the activity of macrophages and natural killer cells
It helps in prevailing debility , exhaustion, weakness , intermittent fevers with night aggravations
Indicated in first stage of cold with chilliness and sneezing ,severe prostration with collapsing tendency is noticed .
Alfa Alfa tonic:
Indicated in children for improving the appetite absorption of nutrition and sleep in children .
Common Preventive Measures to boost the immune system:
- Good amount of sleep
- Consume food rich in Vitamin C
- Balanced nutritious diet with plenty of fruits and vegetables
- Avoid smoking and Alcohol
- Take multivitamin such as Vitamin C and B12
- Sunlight exposure for Vitamin D .
Thus, In this COVID-19 pandemic situation, improving immunity is now very important to fight against corona virus. Meet Dr. Vaseem Choudhary for the Best Homeopathic Treatment in Pune. Book an Appointment Now!!