- Vitiligo is a skin disorder with smooth white areas known as macules that appear on individual skin.
- It causes the skin to lose its colour.
- The condition occurs in the particular types of cells known as melanocytes which are destroyed by the body immune system.
- These cells function by producing melanin which gives color to the skin.
Progression of the disease:
- It usually appears as few white patches which may spread gradually over several months of time
- First and foremost it starts on the forearm hands, feet, and face and later progresses to any part of the body including mucous membranes of the eyes, mouth, genitals, nose.
- As time progresses location of macules also shifts as certain areas of skin lose and regain their pigment.
- Differs from person to person some may undergo effects on only a few areas of the skin whereas other may be effected on the whole body.
Types of Vitiligo:
In this types macules generally can appear in any part of the body or sometimes all over the body.
This is restricted to only one side of the body or only one area such as hands and face.
This affects the mucous membranes of the mouth, nose, and genitals.
This is one of the rarest types where macules may not appear for years after exposure to certain parts of the body.
Alternate skin of lighted pigmentation following area of normal skin.
Causes of Vitiligo:
- Autoimmune disorder
- Genetically inherited disease
- Neurogenic which is toxic to melanocytes
- Self-destructive where melanocytes destroy themselves
- Physical or mental stress
Signs and Symptoms:
- Patches of skin lose color
This can affect the mucous membranes of the eyes, nose, and genitals.
- Patches of hair on your head or face turn prematurely grey and white.
- Usually, white patches are visible on the skin on physical examination
- Wood lamp test where UV light shines onto the skin to help them to differentiate from other skin disorders.
1. Kali Carbonicum:
This is one of the best remedies in cases of vitiligo, eczema, urticaria. Affected parts are mostly hands and face. In the mental sphere, it tackles anxiety state and used in the treatment of the effects of stress on the body. Tendency to affect one side of the body.
It is one of the polycrest remedies and has a broad spectrum of action useful for a wide range of disease processes. More prone to people who have vitiligo and are sensitive to cold wind and who tend to sweat on palms and soles. It affects arms forearms and especially lower limbs of the body complaints appear gradually within years of time.
3. Arsenic Sulfuratum Flavum:
This is one of the best remedies in the Homeopathic treatment for vitiligo. It has discoloration of the skin which appears in blotches that are pale and white in color. There is intense itching present all over the body. Pyoderma and urticaria also call for this remedy.
This is deep acting polycrest remedy that acts on multiple systems of the body. This remedy has shown wonders in treating vitiligo for a long-standing duration. It is a useful drug to combat disease which is destructive in nature and deep seated. Usually affects almost every part of the body including hair.
5. Nitricum Acidum:
This is also one of the best remedies in treating patients with vitiligo. It is a deep-acting constitutional remedy. Also has benefits in treating warts, ulcers, fissures. Involvement of mucous membrane of mouth, nose, and genitals present.
HOMEO CARE CLINIC:
Dr. Vaseem Choudhary along with his team has treated many patients successfully for vitiligo so if you’re looking for your cure please visit our center for further assistance.