- Depression is characterized by overactivity of the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis that resembles the neuroendocrine response to stress.
- It is generally termed as a mood disorder that results due to sadness, loss, anger pertaining to everyday activities
Depression’s impact on other systems :
It is generally concluded by many researchers that depression may worsen many diseases in its intensity such as –
- Suicidal tendencies
- Cardiovascular diseases
Causes of depression :
- Significant family history of mood disorders.
- Early childhood trauma.
- The frontal lobe of brainless active.
- Drug use.
- Attention deficit hyperactive disorder.
- Certain medications.
- Financial instability.
- Loss of loved ones.
Symptoms of depression –
Mood disturbances :
Anger, irritability, aggression, restlessness, anxiety.
Aversion to surrounding :
Feeling, hopelessness, the feeling of being left alone, loss of interest to talk to people.
Behavior patterns change :
No involvement in favorite activities, indulgence in excessive alcohol intake, and addiction to drugs.
Cognitive abilities :
Loss of concentration, inability to complete given work, delayed response in conversation, low self-esteem.
Sleep disturbances :
Excessive sleep, insomnia, get up frequently in the middle of the night.
Physical ailments :
Fatigue, pains, headache, digestive problems, change in appetite.
- A detailed history of the patient.
- Looking for clues such as weight loss or gain physical pain, panic attacks, self-harm.
- Encourage regular exercise.
- Light therapy.
Homeopathy Management –
Suicidal tendencies due to depression :
Natrum Sulph, Aurum Metallicum, Arsenic Album, Rhustox, Drosera, Pulsatilla.
Depression leading to a lack of concentration :
Baryta Carb, Anacardium, Kali Phos, Ambra Grisea.
Depression causes physical ailments such as loss of appetite :
Alfa, Antimonium Crudum, China, colchicum, Ignatia.
Depression causing addiction to drugs and alcohol :
Nux Vomica, Morphinum, Hyoscyamus, Opium, Sulphuricum Acidum, Caladium.
Dr. Vaseem Choudhary along with his team has treated many patients successfully for depression so if you seeking a cure please visit Homeo Care Clinic, Pune for further assistance.