Bowen disease was first been introduced in medical science in the year 1912. American Dermatologist Mr. John T Bowen was the first person to introduce this disease. It is one type of rarest skin cancer that is found across the world. Bowen disease is also termed Bowenoid Papulosis. Commonly noticed by a red scaly patch on the skin.
Causes of Bowen Disease
- Human Papillomavirus 16
- Prolonged exposure to sun rays.
- Chronic illnesses such as Aids
- Prolong eczema
- Formation of mutant clone gene p53
- Suppressed immune system
- Chronic leukemia
- Arsenic ingestion
- Flat raised papules
- Red scaly skin appearance
- Itching on skin
- Reddish brown plaque formation Hardening of the skin
- Tender nodule formation
- Bleeding lump
- Skin biopsy which determines squamous epithelial cells.
- Curettage and Cautery
- Photodynamic therapy
- Homeopathy plays an important role in re-synchronizing harmonious balance in an individual.
- Homeopaths believe that it’s the patient’s own immune system that combats the tumor and not the medicine.
- Homeopathic medicines help in stimulating vital energy in order to regenerate.
- Hence on basis of individualization and by treating patients as a whole, many chronic diseases have shown positive responses to achieve cures.
- Phosphorus- Indicated in lean-thin patients who are emaciated. Helps in Relieving congestion from suppurative lesions. Complaints occur mostly due to mental exertion, anger, grief, and fear. Skin appears to be itchy scaly and rough with an ulcer formation that oozes out a fluid. Loss of appetite present.
- Sulfur- One of the finest medicine in treating Bowen’s disease. Mostly indicated in patients whose every little skin eruption suppurates. Dry scaly skin with intense itching and burning present. Offensive discharge present
from skin eruptions. Mentally patient is very religious, and melancholic.
- Arsenic Album- One of the finest medicine for treating symptoms of Bowen’s Disease. Patients often complain of severe itching and burning of the skin. There is a dry rough papular eruption on the skin which oozes out the offensive discharge. Epithelioma of the skin with gangrenous inflammation Is a well-marked feature of
this medicine. Burning pain is relieved by heat.
- Silicea- One of the finest remedies for treating skin eruptions that occur due to Bowen’s Disease. There are eruptions all over the skin that itches only in the daytime Indurated tumors further lead to an abscess in the joints.
- Gelsemium- This is also one of the best medicine for treating Bowen’s disease. The patient feels prostrated drowsiness, and apathy feeling. patient experiences a lack of muscle coordination and discomfort feeling Hot dry itchy skin with erysipelas.
Homeo Care Clinic
If anyone in the family faces symptoms of Bowen Disease please visit our center for further assistance.