October calls for Remembrance of World Cerebral palsy day. This day is celebrated every year on the 6th of October to shed light on the fatal effects caused by this disease. This month Organization encourages people who are suffering from Cerebral Palsy to promote and create a positive attitude toward Life.
This day was first observed in the year 1948 by United Cerebral Palsy Association. Their aim was to provide better diagnosis, treatment, and funding for people suffering from this illness. Center for Disease Control conducted the first research to understand the impact and prevalence of this disorder. Cerebral Palsy Alliance in the year 2012 designated 6th October as Cerebral Palsy day to create awareness among youth about this disease.
Cerebral Palsy is a group of disorders that may affect your posture, movement, sensation, perception, cognition, and behavior. It occurs due to damage to the fetal brain.
- Damage to the white matter of the brain Infection to the mother such as cytomegalovirus, chickenpox, and rubella.
- Injury to unborn baby’s head
- Infections such as meningitis
- Drowning or choking
- Low blood sugar level
- Low birth weight child
- Excessive alcohol intake during
- Severe jaundice in the infant
Types Of Cerebral Palsy
- Abnormal delay in milestones
- Improper muscle tone
- Abnormal posture
- Slow in learning things
- Using one side of the body
- Intellectual disabilities
- CT Scan
- Blood test