- A gout is a common form of acute arthritis.
- Gout can occur again and again and last for 10 to 15 days.
- Women are more prone to cause gout after menopause.
- Both limbs can be affected.
- Big toe, heel, ankle, arm, wrist, elbow spine are affected.
- When high levels of uric acid occur in the blood it forms urate crystals which settle down in tissues of joints causing gouty arthritis.
- The second reason is when in certain diseases kidneys are unable to flush out uric acid through urine which gets accumulate in blood causing gout.
- High purine food
- Drugs such as levodopa, niacin, cyclosporine.
- Severe shooting pain in affected big toe or knees or heels or limbs
- Peeling of skin near the affected part
- Restricted movement of a limb
- Redness, inflammation
Foods to avoid in gout patients
- Avoid a high purine diet such as dry beans
- Nonvegetarians should avoid having brain kidney of beef
- Red meat
- Physical examination
- Development of tophus
- Synovial fluid for uric acid crystals
- Blood test for uric acid level
One of the most common remedies indicated in chronic cases of gout. The great toe is extremely painful to touch. The affected part is swollen hard and painful to touch. Warm weather, internal cold can aggravate pain more.
- Benzoic Acid
Most characteristic feature of this remedy is excessive pain is present in big toe with the offensive odour of urine which can be smelled from long-distance .patient is unable to move from one place to another .pain is very severe.
- Ledum pal
Ascending type of pain present when it begins in the toe and radiated in an upward direction from knees up to thighs Shooting type of pain is present which is felt in both limbs. Small joints are commonly affected usually ankle balls and big toe .warmth aggravates pain more. The patient feels better by cold application.
Severe pain and discomfort due .pain is sore and bruised-like. Walking aggravates complaints more. Touch or slightest movement can aggravate pain more.
Homeo Care Clinic
Dr. Vaseem choudhary along with his team has treated many patients successfully for gout so if you are seeking for your cure please visit our center for further assistance.
Dr. Vaseem choudhary was given a diet chart for many diseases