Winter (Cold winds) brings the temperature down and the weather becomes cold and that can be very harsh on all skin types. Change your routine for the cold conditions as the humidity level drops, the amount of moisture in the air lessens, which causes your skin to dry out.
Here are 10 quick and easy skincare tips:
- Avoid Hot Shower – Avoid hot water shower during the winter season, have lukewarm water.
- If your skin is dry, apply coconut oil to the whole body, 10 minutes before you go for a bath. It reduces the excess loss of moisture from the skin.
- Have moisturizer soap or body shower for the body, avoid harsh soap.
- After bathing doesn’t rub your body with a towel, on the other side try tapping with a towel.
- Apply any form of moisturizer on the body just after the bath which will keep the body moist.
- Have more of Omega fatty acid food intake –For vegetarians have more of nuts i.e. Walnuts, Almonds & Cashews
For Non-Vegetarians – Have more fish:
- For Dry lips – Apply lip balm 3-4 times a day
- For Cracked Heel or sole – Apply regular coconut oil and wear socks and slippers to avoid in contact with cold climate
- Have more water intake to keep the body hydrated
- Whenever traveling out in cold winds – Cover the whole body with sweaters, warmers, and other stuff, so that your body does not come in direct contact with cold winds and skin becomes dry.
If you do all these things your skin will look fresh, healthy, and the glow will always be there.