- According to the latest research scientists in South Africa have identified a new coronavirus variant.
- They detected the lineage on Monday and declared it around the globe.
- World Health Organisation recommended the name as Omicron.
- It is first detected in Botswana.
- Researchers in Botswana and Hong Kong also posted sequences publicly.
- Other cases are also noticed in Belgium and Israel.
- Several places from Hong Kong to Europe to North America have confirmed their presence.
- It’s a better spreader than even delta which can cause infection in people who are protected at high rates.
- Dutch health authority confirmed that 13 people who arrived from South Africa have so far tested positive for Omicron.
- Canada health minister says that the first 2 cases in Ontario were noted after 2 individuals recently arrived from Nigeria.
- Authorities in Australia said that two travelers who arrived in Sydney from Africa were the first ones to test positive for a new variant.
- Flu-like symptoms such as headache
- dry cough
- body pains
- night sweats
OMICRON VARIANT CONCERN
- According to WHO Dr. Maria Van said early evidence on OMICRON shows that this variant has a large number of mutations having typical characteristics.
- Reinfection could be profound which means that people who have contracted COVID 19 and recovered could be more subject to catching it again with this variant.
Homeo Care Clinic
If you have any queries please visit Homeo Care Clinic, Pune for further assistance.