Corns are defined as thick hard layers of skin which develop when our skin tries to protect itself against friction or pressure. Mostly corns appear on feet, toes, hands, and fingers. Corns hinder mobility Corns appear in areas of skin that are exposed to repeated friction.
- Inappropriate shoes or socks
- Shoe bite
- Playing musical instruments
- Prolong exposure of fingers
- Inherited tendency
- Improper cosmetics products
Two Main Variant Of Corns
- Hard Corn- A most common type of corn located on the lateral and dorsal aspect of the 5th toe and also at the dorsal aspect of interphalangeal joints of the lesser toe.
- Soft Corn- Appears in interdigital web spaces, especially the fourth space.
Symptoms Of Corns
- Thick hard skin
- Raised bumps
- Pain under the skin on the affected part
- Flaky dry skin
- Restricted movements
- Stitching pain when pressure is applied
- Pus formation
- Swelling redness in toes
- Dermoscopy to identify an area of hyperkeratosis
- Radiographs to evaluate the involvement of bony prominence
- Pressure studies to highlight areas of plantar pressure associated with plantar corn
- RH factor
Home Remedies For Corn
- Soak your foot in warm water
- Use corn pads
- Wear socks in shoes
- Apply lotion to corn
- Maintain hygiene of foot
- File corn with a pumice stone
Diet Plan And Regimen
- Consume more green leafy vegetables in meals such as spinach, cabbage
- Use garlic in meal preparation
- Avoid sweeteners
- Avoid potato chips and other potato items
- Eat wheat chapatti but limit on rice
- Opt for cheese, milk, and eggs
- Can consume fish like sardines, tuna
- Raw papaya is beneficial in the treatment of corn
- Lemon is also found to be helpful
- Turmeric powder with honey is also good for corn
- The application of coconut oil can also heal corn fast
- Antimonium Crudum- One of the best remedies useful in corn healing. Indicated when corn makes walking difficult. Severe burning and stitching type of pain present in the foot. Helpful in obese patients who cause pressure on their feet due to their weight which makes these corns erupt.
- Ferrum Picric- Mostly indicated in those patients when corn becomes discolored and affects the hue of the surrounding as well. The affected part feels hard and painful to touch.
- Lycopodium- Dull persistent pain present in the foot due to corn formation. The patient often complains of pain when keeping a foot on something hard. Corn mostly appears in great form.
- Silicea- Usually keynote feature is icy cold feet with clusters of corn formation which results in pus formation. There is a stinging type of pain present in the foot. The affected part feels red
and swelling on the foot.
- Graphites- The tendency of thickening skin who have rough hard dry skin. Slight walking causes soreness. Foot sweat profusely. Pain is present mostly between the toes and foot.
Homeo Care Clinic
Dr. Vaseem Choudhary along with his teammates has treated many patients successfully of corns formation so if you are seeking your cure please visit our center for further assistance.