Albinism is termed as an inherited disorder of genetic mutation characterized by a defect in one or several genes from both of the parents which travel to newborns.
- There is a deficiency of melanin production due to a decrease in tyrosinase enzyme or mutation in tyrosine protein.
- This low level of melanin results in milky white skin.
- Absence in colour of hair, skin and eyes
- Lighter white complexion of skin as compared to normal skin.
- Impaired vision or blindness
- Photophobia ( Sensitivity to light)
- Nystagmus (involuntary movement of eyes).
- Strabismus (crossed eyes)
- Physical examination of hair and skin pigmentation
- Eye examination such as electroretinogram test which includes check on potential nystagmus, strabismus photophobia.
- Detail history of bleeding tendencies, or repeated injuries
- Use low vision eye field
- Use sunscreen
- Avoid prolonged sun exposure
- Use clothing which are fully covered such as long sleeves, collared shirts, gloves, socks.
- Protect eyes by wearing UV sunglasses
Homeopathic Management for Albinism:
1. Nitricum Acidum:
This remedy is one of the best effective remedies in treating albinism. Affected parts are more in the hands and legs . Usually suited in children accompanying symptoms of low vision. A person requiring this remedy tends to be restless sensitive, dissatisfied. Albinism causes feelings of anxiousness and fear of death Also there is the tendency of herpes, chilblains, cracks, and creases. Mentally patients are very pessimistic complaints are aggravated more in the evening and night and better while riding.
This is also one of the best remedies for the known cases of albinism. Ailments occur from long-lasting grief and sudden emotions. Soreness is marked which appears in folds of skin, back of ears, and between thighs . Skin prone to intertrigo during dentition. Also the tendency to warts formation.
This is also one of the best remedies for albinism. There is inflammation of mucous membrane, suited to tall slender narrow thin people . Mentally patient has a dread of death when alone. oversensitive to external impressions restlessness present. Purpura haemorrhagia. Complaints aggravate more on change of weather and due to physical and mental exertion .better in the open air.
This is one of the best remedies for skin problems. This remedy is adapted to symptoms that are gradually developing. Emaciation is well marked. Patient desires everything warmth. melancholic, Extreme sensitive, apprehensive, Cannot bear new things. Skin appears to be dry, indurated thick and shrunken with violent itching brown freckles and spots appear on the skin. complaints aggravate more in warmth.
This remedy is often prone to complaints which relapse. Mentally patient is very irritable, vivid, depressed, weak, childish peevishness in grown people. Very selfish no regard for others .skin is dry scaly indurated. itching burning all over the skin, excoriation in folds of skin Pruritis especially after warmth. Complaints aggravate more on washing, warmth feeling and better by cold.
If you are facing any of the above complications, consult today with Dr. Vaseem Choudhary at Homeo Care Clinic, Pune.