- Atopic dermatitis is a chronic pruritus inflammatory skin condition that makes your skin red and itchy.
- It is the most common type of eczema affecting millions of children.
- Mostly occurs around 5 years of age.
Signs and Symptoms
- The affected site is the face, arms, legs, neck, knees, elbow.
- Appears in red blotches
- Small red bumps filled with pus showing flaky skin.
- Cracked skin which hurts and bleeds
- Skin creasing on palms of hands and under the eyes.
- Darkening of skin present.
- Red crusty scaly areas on the skin
- Severe itching present
- Rashes have a flare appearance.
- Can appear again after once treated
Prolong Itching Side Effect
- Prolonged itching may lead to thick and leathery skin.
- The skin may break enough and cause permanent scars.
- Underlying skin barrier defects might occur which requires much more attentive care.
Triggers for Atopic Dermatitis
- Strong soaps and detergent
- Pollen, dust
- Animal dander
- Skincare products and cosmetic
- Low humidity
- Tobacco smoking
- Dry winter
- Stress and anger
- Certain hormones
Mostly in children who are anxious restless and irritable due to his or her complaints .skin is dry and it continues burning .severe itching is also present. Application of heat may reduce itching
Mostly indicated in people having tough leathery skin with cracks and soreness. Golden oozing discharge is present which hardens the crust formation. A person may keep itching until the affected area starts bleeding .severe itching is aggravated more from the warmth of the bed.
Intense itching eruptions which start as blisters often call for this remedy. Severe scratches may undergo thickening of the skin. Cold application often relieves itching .person feels better in the open air.
Intense burning and inflamed eruptions which aggravate more on warmth often call for this remedy Affected areas become red with the formation of crusted skin. continuous medication and ointments often give no relief to the patient.
Irritated skin has a tendency to get infected. eruptions are thick with the formation of crust .oozing of fluid on severe scratching is present. Eruptions are well marked more on palms soles and back of elbows.