Introduction of Skin
- Skin is defined as a thin layer of tissue forming the outer covering of the body.
- Skin is said to be the body’s largest organ.
- Skin is made up of water, proteins fats, and minerals.
Functions of Skin
- Skin mainly perform various functions that as regulating body temperature
- It helps in enabling touch sensation and deep pressure.
- It induces protection against germs
- Causes muscle movements by flexing them as per need.
- Production of vitamin D from the skin, protection against UV light.
Layers of Skin.
- The skin has various layers the skin known as epidermis, dermis, and hypodermis.
- The epidermis is made up of epithelial cells which help mainly for skin tone.
- The dermis contains hair follicles, connective tissue, and sweat glands.
- The hypodermis is made up of fat.
Subdivision of layers
Comprised of keratin and helps against bacteria and UV damage.
Present in palms of soles and hand which helps for friction.
- Stratum Granulosum:-
Helps in protecting the body from loosing water.
- Stratum Spinosum:-
Contains dendritic cells which protect the body from foreign invaders such as germs
Helps in the production of vitamin D when exposed to sunlight.
Responsible for fingerprints ,brings nutrition ,senses heat ,cold ,touch .
Provides elasticity to the skin.
10 tips for Glowing Skin:-
- Apply raw honey on the skin for 10 minutes then wash it with water will give you glowing skin.
- 2 anjeer with milk mixture when externally applied on the face gives a soft texture to the skin.
- The application of cold milk daily will help to detain your skin.
- Banana pulp also supports nourishing skin in a better way.
- Almond oil also has shown maximum results in healthy skin.
- Taking olives on daily basis helps for anti-aging.
- Papaya applied externally removes dead skin cells and rejuvenates your skin.
- Turmeric with honey along with curd application also helps for maintaining colour of skin.
- Applying moisturizer at bedtime gives clearer skin.
- Washing the face daily with plain water twice a day gives healthier look on the face.
Homeopathic Remedies for Healthy Skin
Physicians claim this as one of the topmost remedies for dry scaly skin. Mostly indicated In removing pimples and pimple marks.
This remedy is often prescribed for side effects occurring due to excessive use of cosmetic makeup.
Mostly indicated in women having overactive sebaceous glands for controlling oil production.
Mostly used for treating scar marks and giving a clearer and healthy skin.
This is also one of the best remedies for treating skin allergies, especially in the winter season.