A chalazion is termed a red bump which mostly occurs on your eyelids. It is also called an eyelid cyst or Melbomian cyst. Mostly occurs if at all your oil gland gets blocked or choked up.
We have glands in our upper and lower eyelids. These glands are known as Melbomian glands. The function of these glands is to secrete oil. This mixes with our tears and helps in moistening and protect our eyes. If at all oil gets thickened or if the glands get blocked due to certain reasons then you may get a chalazion.
Stages of Chalazion
Stage 1 is eyelid may become red tender and swollen
Stage 2 chalazion develops on the eyelids
Stage 3 chalazion grows into a small lump as big as the size of a pea.
Symptoms of Chalazion
- Watering of eyes
- Irritation of eyes
- Redness of eye
- Blurred vision
- Acrid discharge
- Painful eye
Causes of Chalazion
- Eyelid inflammation
- Seborrheic dermatitis
- Re occurrence of chalazion
- Use of cosmetic
- Vitamin A deficiency.
How Harmful is chalazion It is a painless lump that can clear up on its own within a few weeks.
Home tips to prevent chalazion Place warm compression on the eyelids for about 15 minutes at least 3 to 4 times a
day. What happens if the chalazion is left untreated If left untreated then it may cause acute inflammation and inadequate drainage may result in local recurrences. Can a CHALAZION become Cancerous The most common malignancy is sebaceous
gland carcinoma. Best useful ointment for chalazion Bacitracin, Erythromycin, Polymyxin Chloramphenicol is some useful eye drops
used in cases of chalazion. Can chalazion blind you Depending on the size and location of the chalazion it may blur or block your vision.
- Staphysagria- One of the useful medicine in treating cases of chalazion. Mostly chalazion appears at the angle of the eyelid in the inner ear. The patient usually feels the heat in the eyeballs Some people also complain of an itchy sensation at the margin of the eyelid.
- Pulsatilla- CHALAZION mostly appears on the eyelids which on pressure causes thick yellow pus discharge. Usually, patients complain of acrid lachrymation and swelling of the eyelids .patient constantly keeps rubbing his eyelids. Dimness of vision is experienced due to the appearance of chalazion.
- Thuja- One of the best remedies in treating chalazion. Eyes are agglutinated in the night because of the discharge. Eyelids feel
heavy as lead and eyes become dry and scaly. The warmth gives relief. They feel as if cold air is coming out of their eyes.
- Silicea- Swelling of the lachrymal duct is present. Patients are sensitive to daylight. They often experience dazzling light and sharp pains in the eyes. His eyes are tender to touch and complaints become worse Ed when his eyes are closed.
Homeo Care Clinic
Dr. Vaseem Choudhary has treated many patients successfully with Chalazion and other eye infections so if you are seeking your cure please visit our center for further assistance.