Psoriasis is a skin disorder that causes skin cells to multiply up to 10 times faster than normal. This makes the skin build up into bumpy red patches covered with white scales. They can grow anywhere, but most appear on the scalp, elbows, knees, and lower back. Psoriasis can’t be passed from person to person. Psoriasis usually appears in early adulthood. For most people, it affects just a few areas. In severe cases, psoriasis can cover large parts of the body. The patches can heal and then come back throughout a person’s life.
What Causes Psoriasis?
No one knows the exact cause of psoriasis, but experts believe that it’s a combination of things. Something wrong with the immune system causes inflammation, triggering new skin cells to form too quickly. Normally, skin cells are replaced every 10 to 30 days. With psoriasis, new cells grow every 3 to 4 days. The buildup of old cells being replaced by new ones creates those silver scales.
Things that can trigger an outbreak of psoriasis include:
- Cuts, scrapes, or surgery
- Emotional stress
- Strep infections
- Medications include blood pressure medications, anti-malarial drugs, lithium, other mood stabilizers, antibiotics, and NSAIDs.
Types of Psoriasis
- Plaque psoriasis-The most common type of psoriasis, plaque psoriasis causes dry, itchy, raised skin patches (plaques) covered with scales.
- Nail psoriasis- Psoriasis can affect fingernails and toenails, causing pitting, abnormal nail growth, and discoloration.
- Guttate psoriasis- Guttate psoriasis primarily affects young adults and children. It’s usually triggered by a bacterial infection such as strep throat.
- Inverse psoriasis- Inverse psoriasis mainly affects the skin folds of the groin, buttocks, and breasts.
- Pustular psoriasis– Pustular psoriasis, a rare type, causes clearly defined pus-filled blisters.
- Erythrodermic psoriasis– The least common type of psoriasis, erythrodermic psoriasis can cover the entire body with a peeling rash that can itch or burn intensely.
Homeopathic Medicine For Psoriasis
- Graphites- Graphites are used in homeopathy for people with long-term skin disorders and leathery, cracked skin.
- Sulfur- It’s given to a person with dry, scaly unhealthy skin where little injury suppurates. Itching and burning worse by scratching.
- Petroleum- Here, the skin is dry, constricted, very sensitive rough, and cracked. Cracks bleed easily. Eczematous and worse in itching.
- Natrum muriaticum- Greasy, oily skin especially on margins of hairy scalp. Majorly affects the scalp region affects hair follicles.
- Sepia- Itching is not relieved by scratching. Herpetic ulcer on lip region. All major skin condition is covered in this remedy.
All type of skin lesion is covered by this remedy.
Homeo Care Clinic-
Dr. Vaseem Choudhary along with his team has treated many patients successfully with psoriasis so if you are seeking your cure, please visit our center for further assistance.
Such as many more patients recovered from Homeopathy at the Homeo Care Clinic. If you have any health problems, you may need to follow a special diet plan. Dr. Vaseem Choudhary has given a complete diet chart for various diseases.