Back pain is the most common complaint noticed in every third individual in this society. In this modern era and with the fast pace of life, a sedentary lifestyle and sitting jobs in the IT sectors have increased cases of back pain. Pain is mostly noticed in the neck, shoulder, middle back pain and coccydynia based on the segment. According to researchers, 50 percent of patients recover from back pain without loss of function if treated in time.
Classification Of Pain
Pain is classified depending on the duration
- Acute- It lasts for 2 to 3 days
- Sub-acute- It lasts for 5 to 7 days
- Chronic- It lasts for more than a month
History Of Pain Assessment
- Back pain is diagnosed by 7 sections
- Onset of pain
- Palliative Cause
- Quality type of pain
- Region or site of pain
- Radiation of pain to other areas
- Severity of pain
- Duration of pain
Causes of Back Pain
- Sitting posture
- Muscle strain due to lifting heavy objects
- Nerve compression
- Slip disc
- Vehicle collision
- History of fall or trauma
- Cauda equina syndrome
- Severe back pain
- Weight loss
Cramping shooting pains extending to thighs and hips
- Restricted movements
- Bone scan
- CT Scan
Homeopathic Medicine For Backache
- Natrum Muraticum- One of the best remedies indicated for back pain Suited to patients who are emotionally attached
to others and when they get hurt by someone or become angry they complain of severe low back ache. They often say that back pain gets reduced by lying on something hard object or by applying pressure.
- Rhus Toxicodendron- Physicians claim this is one of the best medicine for severe backache. There is a sharp shooting type of pain in the back. Pain gets worse more by a continuous movement of the body a person desires to be left alone. Cold damp weather often aggravates the pain. Warmth massage gives relief.
- Aesculus- One of the best remedies indicated for severe back pain mostly in elderly people. This remedy acts best in those patients who often say that they get severe pain in the lower back when they stand up after sitting. Elderly patients often complain of hemorrhoids and venous congestion.
- Cimicifuga- One of the best remedies indicated in females who suffer from severe menorrhagia. A cramping type of pain is present with severe heaviness and soreness. The pain extends down to the thighs and hips.
- Sulfur- Often indicated in those types of people who have standing jobs such as policemen, workers, and housemaids. Stooping posture also causes lower backache. Warmth also aggravates complaints more.