Asthma is defined as proximal allergic inflammation of the airways, characterized by reversible airway obstruction with hyper resonance lungs. Most symptoms occur early morning or at midnight. Around 50 percent of the population suffers from asthma mostly in cold climates Children who are exposed to secondhand smoke are more prone to develop asthma.
Triad Of Asthma
- Airway obstruction
- Smooth muscle Hyperplasia
- Inflammation of airway
Causes Of Asthma
- Recurrent upper respiratory tract infections
- Smoke exposure
- Family history of asthma
- Pet dander
- Eating canned and fast foods
Types Of Asthma
Atopic asthma(Extrinsic Asthma)
- Floor dust
- Pet dander
- Chemical fumes
- Industrial gas
Non-Atopic Asthma (Intrinsic Asthma)
- Drug-related Aspirin
- Cold air
- Viral infection
- Medication like beta blockers, NSAID
- Chest tightness
- Hyper resonance to lung percussion
- Natrum Sulph: The child is often noticed with symptoms of severe cough and rattling of mucus in the chest. Mother often complains that child vomits greenish color sputum. Complaints get worse due to exertion and cold air.
- Arsenic Album: This is also one of the best remedies for treating childhood asthma. The child feels weakness and fatigue due to a severe cough. There is great difficulty in the expulsion of sputum. At midnight complaints get worse.
- Cuprum Metallicum is One of the best remedies for treating childhood asthma. The mother often notices that there is a spasmodic cough present. A child appears to be cyanosed due to difficulty in the expulsion of cough. Drinking water relieves sputum from the mouth which ends up in vomiting.
- Antimonium Tartaricum is One of the best remedies for treating childhood asthma. A child often feels shortness of breath with suffocated feeling. He puts a lot of effort to cough. Continuously coughing makes a child fatigue.
- Ipecac: This is also one of the best remedies for severe asthmatic cough in children. A slight cough causes shortness of breath.
Homeo Care Clinic:
Dr. Vaseem Choudhury along with his team has treated many patients successfully with Childhood Asthma so if you are seeking your cure please visit our center for further assistance.