Chocolate cysts are noncancerous, fluid-filled cysts that typically form deep within the ovaries. They get their name from their brown, tar-like appearance, looking something like melted chocolate. They’re also called ovarian endometriomas.
The color comes from old menstrual blood and tissue that fills the cavity of the cyst. A chocolate cyst can affect one or both ovaries.
What are the symptoms of Chocolate Cyst?
Chocolate cysts may cause symptoms in some women. Some women may not experience any symptoms.
This means a woman with a small cyst may experience symptoms, while someone with a large one may not. Cysts can range from 2 to 20 cm in size.
When symptoms do occur, they’re similar to those of endometriosis. They can include-
- Painful, crampy periods
- Pelvic pain not related to your menstrual cycle
- Irregular periods
- Pain during sex
- Infertility for some women
If a chocolate cyst ruptures, it can cause severe, sudden abdominal pain on the side of the body where the cyst is located. A ruptured cyst can be a medical emergency.
Risk Factors Affecting Chocolate Cyst
- Genetics: People with a family history of endometriosis are more likely to get the condition.
- Retrograde menstrual flow: This happens when period blood travels in the reverse direction, going up the fallopian tubes instead of out of the vagina.
- Immune disorders: Certain immune system issues, especially autoimmune disorders, may cause endometriosis.
- Injuries: Damage to the uterus or surrounding structures correlate with an increased risk of endometriosis. These injuries can occur, for example, during cesarean delivery.
Homeopathy Medicine For Chocolate Cyst
- Lachesis- The remedy works great on left ovarian cysts. There is swelling and pain in the left ovary that gets better during menses. Useful for short and scanty menses and menstrual bleeding that is blackish in color.
- Lycopodium Clavatum- Useful for right ovarian cysts. There burning or boring pains may be felt in the ovary. Also useful for irregular periods, profuse or prolonged periods, pain during intercourse, and abdominal bloating.
- Colocynths- It is for chocolate cysts that are painful. The pain varies in character, ranging from cramping, and stitching to tensive. There is a burning sensation in the ovaries that gets better upon bending over double and a sensitive ovarian region that seems hard and swollen.
- Apis Mellifica- Useful for ovarian cysts that cause pain during intercourse. A stinging, sharp, cutting pain from the ovary radiating down the thigh, soreness, and tenderness over the ovarian region.
- Pulsatilla- Useful for chocolate cysts with scanty menstrual bleeding. There is a tendency for delayed menstruation, menstrual colic, chilliness, vomiting, heavy pressure in the abdomen and lower back, a pressure in the bladder and rectum.
Why Home Care Clinic-
Homeo Care Clinic
Dr. Vaseem Choudhary along with his team has treated many patients successfully with chocolate cyst and ovarian-related conditions so if you are seeking a cure, please visit our center for further assistance.
Such as many more patients recovered from Homeopathy at the Homeo Care Clinic. If you have any health problems, you may need to follow a special diet plan. Dr. Vaseem Choudhary has given a complete diet chart for various diseases.