- The thyroid gland produces hormones that play a role in many different systems throughout the body for controlling metabolism.
- Thyroid disease results when the thyroid makes too much or too little hormones.
- Several types of thyroid diseases are hyperthyroidism, hypothyroidism, thyroiditis, Hashimoto thyroiditis.
People at Risk for thyroid disease:
- Family history of thyroid disease
- Medical history of pernicious anemia, diabetes, lupus arthritis.
- Taking medication that is high in iodine such as amiodarone
- Elderly people above 60 years of age.
- Past history of radiation for thyroid cancer
A condition that causes hypothyroidism:
- Hashimoto thyroiditis
- Postpartum thyroiditis
- Iodine deficiency
A condition that causes hyperthyroidism:
- Graves disease
- Excessive iodine.
Sign and symptoms for thyroid disease:
- Anxiety, irritability, nervousness
- Muscle weakness
- Weight loss or gain
- Sleep disturbances
- Eating disorders
- Hoarseness of voice
- Puffy face
- Thinning of hair
- Vision problems
Few tips to keep thyroid in check when already having thyroid disease:
- Avoid gluten-rich food such as wheat barley.
- Avoid cabbage, cauliflower, sprouts broccoli.
- Avoid processed food such as cheesecakes, biscuits.
- Take good sleep
- Maintain salt intake.
- Antithyroid drugs
- Radioactive iodine
Mostly indicated in hypothyroidism, people are generally weak, pale with a yellow complexion, having fainting attacks with high exposure to cold temperatures. These patients usually lack heat in the body and can feel cold and chilly even in warm rooms .mostly indicated in severe hair fall or menstrual irregularities due to hypothyroidism. Craving for acidic things and pickles.
This is one of the best remedies for patients who are obese in hypothyroidism. constipation, where stool is very hard and passes in lumps due to hypothyroidism, can also be treated with this remedy .mentally patient is very depressed sad, and weeps even if listening to music.
This is also one of the great remedies in treating thyroid disease where patients are temperamental in nature and get offended very easily. Bloating feeling in the stomach after eating and constipation can be treated in hypothyroidism .patient is very chilly, extreme desire for alcoholic drinks and coffee.
This is also one of the best remedies in treating thyroid diseases where there is Intolerance to cold .patient is so chilly that in warm weather also she or desires extra coverings. Associated skin complaints may also be present in lifetime
The patient may have disturbances in sleep with eating problems.
This is also one of the best remedies in hypothyroidism where the patient often complains of constipation very frequently patient often complains that soft stool also requires straining, he feels no desire of passing stool for many days .stomach complaints are often accompanied by hypothyroidism.
Homeo Care Clinic:
Dr. Vaseem Choudhary along with his team has treated many patients successfully of all thyroid problems so if you are seeking your cure please visit our center for further assistance.