- Vomiting is also known as emesis, Which is defined as the forcible expulsion of stomach contents through the mouth and rarely through the nose.
Types of vomiting :
- Emesis is of two types productive and non-productive
- In non-productive emesis, there is dry heave with only a feeling of retching without expulsion of any food content, because in productive emesis there is vomiting of stomach contents.
Types of content in vomiting :
- Bloody vomiting often indicates a cut or scrape to the esophagus or stomach, which appears to be bright red in colour.
- Coffee ground colour vomiting is denoted as it’s a mixture of stomach acid and blood congeal, which can be caused due to an ulcer formation or cancerous conditions.
- Yellow colour vomiting denotes the presence of bile, mostly seen after meals.
- Vomiting of brown colour is due to abnormal Intestinal function.
- White colour vomiting was often seen in the pediatric age group due to excessive feeding.
- Green colour vomiting often suggests infection in gastrointestinal system diseases.
Causes of vomiting :
- The first trimester of pregnancy
- Medically induced vomiting
- Food poisoning
- Head injury
- Excessive alcohol intake
- Injection of toxins
- Brain tumours, cancers
- Emotional anxiety, sudden stress, fear.
- Sensitive to smell the odour.
- Heart attack
- Cholecystitis, hernia.
Associated symptoms with Vomiting :
- Abdominal pain
- Excessive sweating
- Dryness of mouth with excessive thirst
- Bitter sour taste in the mouth
- Rapid pulse
- Fainting, dizziness, discomfort.
- Treatment like chemotherapy or radiotherapy
- A detailed history of the patient with duration and colour of vomiting
- Look for signs of dehydration
- Ultrasound to rule out abdominal diseases
Homeopathic Remedies :
This is one of the best remedies for severe types of vomiting. This remedy is indicated in all types of vomiting which appears to be bile or blood or mucous, food. Profuse salivation with constant nausea.
Antimonium Tartaricum :
Severe vomiting with a desire for cold water is well-marked feature of his remedy .person often feels better after vomiting. Clammy sweaty skin with persistent vomiting present. They feel drowsy and weak.
Arsenicum Album :
This is often one of the best remedies for vomiting. specially indicated when there is suspected of food poisoning. Symptoms are more prone after midnight. Burning pain in stomach after vomiting and person is chilly. Cold drinks aggravate complaints more
Nux Vomica :
This is also one of the best remedies for severe vomiting due to Gastroenteritis. Usually, patients complain of nausea in the morning after eating breakfast with a decrease in appetite along with pain in the stomach, the patient often complains of bloating and tenderness feeling in the abdomen.
This is also one of the best remedies in cases of vomiting. Usually indicated in the first-trimester. Women have a constant feeling of swallowing of salivation with a constant feeling of nausea. Vomiting of undigested food particles several hours after eating food is a well-marked feature of this remedy.
Dr . Vaseem Choudhary along with his team has treated many patients successfully for vomiting so if you are looking for your cure please visit Homeo Care Clinic, Pune for further assistance.