Epilepsy is a neurological disorder comprised of repeated seizures.
There are two main types of seizures :
1) generalized seizures- In which the whole cerebrum is involved
2) focal seizures- In which only part of the cerebrum is involved
epilepsy are generally followed by head injury, serious illness or very high fever, lack of oxygen to the brain and brain tumor or cyst, etc. Occasionally the cause can be hereditary also.
Symptoms Of Epilepsy
Generalized seizures present the symptoms like
- Alterations of taste
- Smell, sight, hearing, or touch dizziness, mtingling, mand twitching of limbs
- Loss of bladder or bowel control
- Biting of the tongue and loss of consciousness
- While focal seizure episodes are accompanied by consciousness
Scope of Homeopathy
Homeopathy has immense scope in treating cases of Epilepsy. In recent occurrences, where the person is new to epileptic treatment, homeopathy can cure the disease by giving ‘constitutional treatment.
In other cases where the person is already taking treatment, the doses of the allopathic medicines can be tapered off gradually by homeopathic medicines. Thus, in both cases, homeopathy has a vast scope.
There are many homeopathic medicines that are used to cure epilepsy. Some specific medicines are as follows:
- Cuprum Met: This medicine is well indicated in cases where aura begins at the knees, and ascends to hypogastrium followed by unconsciousness, foaming, and falling. convulsion begins in fingers and toes. cramps in calves and palms with violent, contraction, and intermittent pain.
- Stramonium: This remedy is useful when there are convulsions of the upper extremities and of an isolated group of muscles. Convulsions triggered by exposure to bright light or shiny objects with a stammering gait.
- Artemisia Vulgaris: This remedy is indicated where convulsions are characterized by staring silently into space, leaning forward or backward, and ceasing the sentence abruptly. Aura is absent. Convulsions triggered by fright or other violent emotions.
- Cicuta: This remedy is of great importance where epilepsy is marked by violent body distortion including backward bending of the spine. Their face turns blue with locked jaw. Convulsion is aggravated by head injuries and worms.
- Bufo Rana: This remedy is indicated where convulsion occurs during sleep. Aura begins in the genital region. Women experience seizures during menstruation.
In conclusion, Homeo Care Clinic offers a holistic approach to treating epilepsy. The remedies mentioned above can treat the underlying causes of the condition and offer relief from the discomfort. However, it is important to consult a qualified homeopathic practitioner for the correct dosage and duration of treatment. Homeo Care Clinic provides comprehensive care for various ailments, including epilepsy, and offers customized treatment plans based on individual requirements.
To schedule an appointment or learn more about our services, please visit our website or give us a call. Our friendly staff will be happy to assist you.