Ankylosing Spondylitis is the term used for inflammation of the spine. It causes the fusion of spine bones which makes them less flexible and results in a hunched posture. It can affect the back, spine, neck, and rib cage. According to researchers, HLA B27 Is the reason for developing Ankylosing Spondylitis. In ancient times this disease was noticed in mummies recovered from Egypt.
Reason To Develop Ankylosing Spondylitis
- People who have HLA B27 are most likely to develop Ankylosing Spondylitis.
- Klebsiella virus infection
- Family history
Areas To Develop Ankylosing Spondylitis
- Sacroiliac joint
- Tendons and bones attachment point
- Ligaments and tendons attachment point
- Stiffness in joints
- Pain in back
- Rigid spine
- Shortness of breath
- Swelling in joints
- Sexual problems
- Loss of bowel and bladder control
- Bent posture
- Blood tests
- MRI of spine
- Application of heat on the affected part.
- Exercise regularly
- Maintain weight according to your body mass index
- Quit smoking
- Avoid excessive alcohol intake
- Kali Carb- One of the finest remedies for treating Ankylosing Spondylitis. Mainly indicated in patients who complain of a weak and stiff spine. Severe backache present which extends to thighs. The patient often feels a stinging type of pain continuously and feels as if the back is broken.
- Cimicifuga- Mostly indicated in patients who have neck stiffness. Neck muscles become retracted. The patient is unable to move the neck. Complaints aggravate more in cold climates.
- Rhus tox- This is also one of the best remedies for treating Ankylosing Spondylitis. Indicated in people having back and hip pain. Sitting aggravates complaints more. Exertion relieves pain. Stiffness is the well-marked feature.
- Natrum Muraticum- Indicated in people who have the weeping tendency. Mentally patient is very sad and sensitive and feels irritable due to his complaints. There is severe back pain and hip pain present. The patient is unable to move or perform daily activities.
- Silica- The best remedy for Ankylosing Spondylitis and rickets in children. Neuralgic pains are present in the back and spine. Pain may radiate to the upper part of the body. Spinal problems may progress further causing asthma, bronchitis, and other respiratory illness. Stitching type of pain present in hip and thigh region.