Appendicitis is termed as Inflammation of the appendix. According to an anatomist, the appendix is said to be a four-inch-long tube that connects to our digestive tract. Appendix and its Infection was first been introduced by Berengario De Carpi in 1521. According to researchers, the first appendectomy was been performed by Claudius Amyand in the year 1735. In 1886 pathological physician named Reginald Fitz revised and renamed as appendicitis.
Why is the appendix important for our body?
The appendix plays a major role to store certain types of gut bacteria which help in cleaning the digestive system after diarrhoeal infections. Some scientists also say that the appendix helps in carrying white blood cells which help to fight against the disease. Whereas on the other side appendix also helps in homeostasis.
Warning signs for appendicitis
- Sudden severe pain in the right lower abdomen.
- Movements aggravate complaints more either by coughing or by walking.
- Nausea and Vomiting
- Loss of appetite
- Low-grade fever
- Abdominal bloating
- Abdominal X-RAY
- CT Scan
- Blood count to detect high WBC
- Urine analysis
- Arsenic Album- Physicians claim this to be one of the best remedies for treating appendicitis.
Patients often face problems of diarrhea, and loss of appetite, and feel relaxed after vomiting.
- Belladonna- This is often indicated in patients who often have severe right-sided abdominal pain and feels better by lying on the back. Pain is also associated with high-grade fever and
chills. The patient also complained of burning and stinging pain while urination.
- Colocynth- The patient who often feels stinging and twisting pain In the right lower abdomen
feels better by this remedy. Warmth and hard pressure on the abdomen
relieve this pain.
- Bryonia- One of the best remedies indicated in cases of appendicitis. The patient often complains of burning and stitching type of pain in the right lower
abdomen. Movements aggravate pain more. Dryness is a well-marked feature.
- Arnica- This is also one of the best remedies in treating appendicitis as well as the septic condition of appendix inflammation. Physicians often say that people who are often recommended surgery for appendectomy also get relief from this remedy.