Fibroadenoma is characterized by a benign, non-cancerous smooth, and mobile lump found in breast tissue. There are very rare chances to grow fibroadenoma into breast cancer. Fibroadenoma does not tend to metastasize and is restricted to a particular tissue. It may affect women of any age.
Fibroadenoma is of 3 types based on their morphology when seen under a microscope
- Simple fibroadenoma: This type of fibroadenoma usually ranges between 1-3 cm in size. All cells have similar structures when seen under a microscope. These cells do not turn into cancerous forms.
- Complex fibroadenoma: In this type of fibroadenoma, the morphology of the same cells is different when seen under a microscope. There are very rare chances to convert into a malignant tumor.
- Juvenile fibroadenoma: Mostly young and adolescent girls have this kind of fibroadenoma, which measure more than 5 cm in size. The size gets regress gradually over the span of time.
Cause of Fibroadenoma
Though the exact cause of fibroadenoma is not known it is speculated that it may be due to increase sensitivity to estrogen hormones.
Symptoms of Fibroadenoma
Patients with fibroadenoma do not show any symptoms over the years. It is felt as a painless, mobile lump in a breast area at a time of self-examination. Most of the time it is accidentally detected on a mammogram or ultrasound.
Various measures should be taken to seek a preventive cure for fibroadenoma. These measures are as follows:
- Periodic self-breast examination to detect any painless movable lump.
- Inclusion of mammogram in yearly health checkup to rule out asymptomatic fibroadenoma.
- Regular use of comfortable cotton bras for daily use and avoid using skin-tight inners.
- Restrict overusing of antiperspirants like deodorants directly on the skin.
- Increase consumption of collagen and nutrients rich food in daily’s dietary habits.
Scope of Homeopathy:
Homeopathy has immense scope in cases of benign tumors like fibroadenomas. Though the physiological cause of fibroadenoma is not known, the psychosomatic cause can be found with the help of detailed case-taking, which proves to be the root cause of the disease. Through a holistic approach, the primary aim of Homeopathic medicines is to restrict the progress of the lumps in size and numbers. One simple single Homeopathic medicine does not directly acts on lumps, but it boosts the body’s immune system to correct the altered immunity and allow the body to heal itself resulting in regression in the size of the lumps and achieving a permanent cure by preventing its reoccurrence.
There are many homeopathic remedies that have marked action on breast tissues, Some of them are as follows :
- Calcarea Fluor: This remedy is indicated when fibroadenoma is stony hard in nature. Induration and infiltration of glands. Tendency to form nodules. The patient is better by warm application and generally gets aggravated by rest.
- Conium: This remedy can be thought of where there is characteristic pain in benign tumors before and during menses. Pain gets aggravated by touch. Nodular affection of the breast is present.
- Phytolacca: This remedy is highly indicated when there is inflammation of fibroadenoma. The affected part is sensitive, hard, and painful to touch. Axillary glands are also enlarged and become tender.
- Graphites: This remedy can be thought of when fibroadenoma develops from old scars. Scars are formed after the suppression of abscess. The breast becomes swollen and hard. The nipple gets sore and cracked with a tendency to blister formation.
- Pulsatilla: This remedy is indicated when fibroadenoma is present in young and adolescent girls with irregular menstrual flow. Pain in the back with a tired feeling throughout the day. Menses are too early or too late with profuse or scanty discharge. The person generally feels better in the open air.
In conclusion, Homeo Care Clinic offers a holistic approach to treating fibroadenoma. The remedies mentioned above can treat the underlying causes of the condition and offer relief from the discomfort. However, it is important to consult a qualified homeopathic practitioner for the correct dosage and duration of treatment. Homeo Care Clinic provides comprehensive care for various ailments, including fibroadenoma, and offers customized treatment plans based on individual requirements.
To schedule an appointment or learn more about our services, please visit our website or give us a call. Our friendly staff will be happy to assist you.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram for valuable insights into the world of homeopathy and holistic health.
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/homeocareclinicpune
Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/homeocareclinic_in