Gallbladder is a pouch or sac-like organ present in the right lobe of the liver. The liver produces a fluid called bile which is essential for the digestion of fats. Gallbladder stores the bile unless it is required. Cholelithiasis or Gallbladder stone is a condition characterized by the formation of crystallized solid particles from the cholesterol and bilirubin present in the bile.
Gallbladder Stones are generally of three types:
- Cholesterol stones: They are formed by the deposition of excess cholesterol found in bile. It is yellowish-greenish in color. It is the most common type of stone
- Pigment stones: They are formed due to excessive bilirubin present in the bile. They are small and darker in color
- Mixed stone: In this type, stones are formed due to excessive accumulation of both cholesterol and bilirubin
Gallbladder stones are a common anomaly found in today’s world due to faulty lifestyles. Nowadays people are more prone to get gallbladder stones due to High cholesterol levels in the body or high levels of bilirubin caused by excessive hemolytic conditions also contribute to the formation of stones. Obese people tend to get one more frequently as compared to others. An increased amount of bile in a gall bladder may also lead to cholelithiasis.
Though many patients with cholelithiasis remain asymptomatic for many years, while some people suffer from pain in the right hypochondrium radiating to a scapular region with nausea and vomiting. The pain is aggravated after eating or drinking.
Nutritional Management of Gallstones
As 90% of gallstones are composed of cholesterol and the condition occurs due to the consumption of high-fat and a low-fiber diet. Following nutritional measures could be taken to prevent and avoid adverse effects of cholelithiasis.
- Consumption of low-fat and high-fiber diets, as fatty foods are hard to digest and cause accumulation of excessive fat in the gallbladder.
- Fruits and vegetables must be consumed on a daily basis as they add fiber and nutrients to the diet.
- Bell pepper, lentils, milk, and tomatoes are important components to be included in the food.
- Food rich in purines such as meat, codfish, shrimp, and bacon should be avoided.
- Decrease consumption of sugar as sugar also promote the formation of stone like cholelithiasis.
- Avoid the consumption of caffeine and alcohol which impact the normal functioning of the liver.
- Regular physical exercises increase the rate of metabolism.
Scope of Homeopathy:
Homeopathy has shown a curative effect in cases of gallstones in the recent past. It has emerged as an alternative method to cure cholelithiasis without surgery. Detail case history is taken to reach the root cause of the disease which is generally followed by some emotional derangement. One single simple medicine is chosen after evaluating the disease at the psychosomatic level.
In cases of gallstones, the first and primary aim of Homeopathic medicine is to cease the size and number of stones followed by regression in size and a number of stones and hereby restoring the health by eradicating the root cause and thus preventing its reoccurrence.
There are many homeopathic medicines that have a sphere of action mainly on the liver and gallbladder, some of them are as follows:
- Chelidonium: This remedy is highly indicated where there is pain in the right hypochondrium radiating to the back and shoulder region. Pain is worse after eating and drinking anything cold. There is a sensation as if the string is pulled across the abdomen. Nauseating sensation after food or drinking anything cold. Pain is aggravated by motion and better by lying on the left side.
- Lycopodium: This remedy is indicated when gall stones are accompanied by gastric discomfort. There is always a sensation of fullness even after having a little quantity of food. A person has a craving for sweets and warm drinks. There is excessive bloating and flatulence passes with great difficulty.
- Calcarea Carb: This remedy can be thought of when gallstones cause by obesity. There is always sour vomiting and sour eructations. A patient has a craving for boiled eggs and cold drinks. Symptoms get aggravated by taking warm drinks. There is profuse perspiration on the head with great sensitivity to cold air. Constitutionally patient has marked aggravation from slight mental exertion.
- Nux vomica: This remedy is useful when gall stones occur after eating fatty-rich food or prolonged use of alcohol. There is constant nausea but could not vomit when attempting to do it. A person has to induce vomitting to feel better. The patient remains constipated with unsatisfactory stool. Patients suffer from severe acidity with a desire for fatty and greasy food.
- Phosphorus: This remedy is indicated when there are sour eructations and vomiting immediately after eating or drinking anything. There is a craving for cold things like ice cream and cold drinks. Along with gallstones, there is a symptom of jaundice. The stool is offensive with great weakness.
In conclusion, Homeo Care Clinic offers a holistic approach to treating Gall stones. The remedies mentioned above can treat the underlying causes of the condition and offer relief from the discomfort. However, it is important to consult a qualified homeopathic practitioner for the correct dosage and duration of treatment. Homeo Care Clinic provides comprehensive care for various ailments, including gallstones, and offers customized treatment plans based on individual requirements.
To schedule an appointment or learn more about our services, please visit our website or give us a call. Our friendly staff will be happy to assist you.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram for valuable insights into the world of homeopathy and holistic health.