Bone and joint health national action week are held annually from October 12 to October 20. According to researchers, about 30 percent of the population gets affected by bone and joint pain which further leads to physical disability. This month focuses on various disorders pertaining to bone and joint inflammatory conditions such as arthritis, osteoporosis, and back pain.
Aim For Observance
Every year this action week is celebrated to raise up the issue related to bone and joint diseases and create social awareness among the youth and generate funds for the betterment of medical treatment in order to achieve the permanent cure within society and to reduce physical disability.
Events held in this action week
- World arthritis day is observed on 12th October- Theme -/ Don’t Delay Time to Connect
- World Spine Day is observed on the 16th of October- Theme-/Back on Track.
- World Trauma Day is observed on 17th October.
- World Pediatric Bone and Joint Pain are observed on October 19th- Theme -/Children and broken bones help stop the epidemic.
- World Osteoporosis Day is held on October 20th- Theme-/Fit to Fit.
Common Bone And Joint Diseases
- Spinal problems
- Paget disease of bone
- Cervical spondylosis
Symptoms And Signs
- Loss of flexibility
- Stiffness of joint
- Pain and redness
- Bone spurs
- Stitching type of pain
- Unable to move the limbs
- Stooped posture
- Reduction in height.
- Deformity of joint
- Fever with malaise
- Remedies for gout Colchicum, Ledum Palsutre, Rhus Toxicodendron, Belladonna, Bryonia Alba.
- Remedies for arthritis Arnica Montana, Aconite, Pulsatilla, Arsenic Album.
- Remedies for osteoporosis Symphytum, Silicea, Calcarea Carbonicum,
Calcarea Phosphorica, Phosphorus.
- Remedies for Cervical spondylosis Cimicifuga, Colocynth, Ranunculus Bulbosus, Kalmia, Calcarea Phosphorica.
- Remedies for spinal affections Causticum, Rhustoxcicodendron, Bryonia Alba, Calcarea Sulphuricum.