- Since the year 1984 American Foundation of Asthma declared the month of May to be National Asthma And Allergy Awareness Month.
- The purpose of this month is to bring awareness to people and educate them about these diseases.
- Grey color ribbon is the symbol that is used by people to encourage each other about the importance of this disease.
- Asthma is defined as inflamed airways which reduce the passage of air in and out of the lungs.
TYPES OF ASTHMA
- Allergic Asthma
Certain allergens in the environment can trigger allergic Asthma such as pollen, pet dander, mold, insect stings, and dust mites.
- Non-Allergic Asthma
This is a type of asthma that occurs when the person gets exposed to cold, stress, exercise, pollution, and humidity.
- Seasonal asthma
In this type, symptoms flare up during a particular season such as hay fever when pollen levels are at the highest peak, and during winter months when there is too much cold.
This type of asthma occurs when the person gets exposed to chemical fumes, aerosols, and insecticides.
- Exercise-induced Asthma
This type of asthma occurs when the person faces an attack after strenuous exercise or riding a cycle or walking a long distance.
- Childhood asthma
Mostly occurs before age of 5 years and goes as age advances Mostly children are benefited from inhalers.
CAUSES OF ASTHMA AND ALLERGY
- Respiratory infections such as cold and flu
- Pollutants such as dust, pollen, mites, animal dander
- Chemical fumes, pesticides.
- Certain medications such as anti-inflammatory pain killers
- Stress or emotional anxiety.
- Tobacco smoke
SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS OF ASTHMA
- Chest tightness
- Cough with mucus production
- Shortness of breath
- Wheezing sound in the chest
- Trouble during sleep.
- Rapid pulse rate
FOODS THAT TRIGGER ASTHMA
- The gluten from wheat and cereal products.
- Eggs or poultry items
- Sesame seeds
- Cold drinks
- Aerated drinks.
Muscles around the airway constrict making air passages narrow which further disrupts air passing in and out of the lungs
The lining of the airways becomes swollen and inflamed.
- Mucous production
Thick mucous clogs your airways giving a wheezing sound when you breathe.
Remedies are mostly recommended in asthma attacks
- Aconitum Napellus
One of the best remedies indicated during asthmatic attacks. Mostly indicated in those patients where face severe shortness of breath along with other complaints.
The patient often complains of congestion of the chest with swollen and inflamed airways. There is a severe cough with mucus production.
The patient which experiences the spasmodic type of cough mostly gets relief with this remedy. Cough with mucoid secretion along with chest tightness often calls for this remedy.
- Eucalyptus globulus
One of the best remedies for mucous congestion. The patient is unable to breathe even when lying down. Chest tightness is well marked with a wheezing sound in the chest.
Mostly indicated in lean thin patients who often complain of chest spasms and chest tightness. Severe barking cough present with mucus secretion . Dyspnoea is well marked.
Homeo Care Clinic
Dr. Vaseem Choudhury along with his team has treated many patients successfully with Asthma and Allergies so if you are seeking for your cure please visit our center for further assistance.