Numbness in feet and legs could be very common if you are sitting for a longer time in an awkward position that puts too much pressure on the nerves and reduces blood flow. If numbness is rarely, momentarily and short-lived then nothing to the concern. If wearing tight shoes or sitting cross legs for too long. While persistent and progressive numbness arises from a number of medical conditions that involve irritation, compression, and damage of the nerves that supply the nerve.
Homeopathic medicine for numbness can be of great help to treat the condition from the root cause.
Different Medical conditions that can cause numbness in your foot include:-
- Diabetic Neuropathy:- Diabetes Neuropathy is a condition in which there is damage to nerve cells.
High blood sugar levels (glucose) can injure nerves throughout the body starting from the feet and then ascending upwards.
- Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease: – Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease results from muscle atrophy in the feet. Affected individuals may have foot abnormalities such as high arches (flat feet), or curled toes. The disease usually becomes apparent in adolescence or early adulthood, but onset may occur anytime from early childhood through late adulthood.
- Chronic Alcohol Abuse:- Excess and Chronic Alcohol has many side effects and one of these would be reduced sensation & numbness of feet.
- Guillain-Barre syndrome is an uncommon condition in which your whole body’s immune system attacks your own nerves (Autoimmune disease). Numbness and weakness in hands and feet are usually the first symptoms. These sensations can quickly spread, eventually paralyzing your whole body.
- Herniation of Disk:- A herniated disk is a condition when one of the disks that sit between the bones (vertebrae) stack to make your spine. A herniated disk, which can occur in any part of the spine, most often occurs in the lower back. Depending on where the intensity of the Herniation of a disk, it can cause pain, numbness, or weakness in an arm or leg.
- Morton’s Neuroma: – Morton’s Neuroma is a rare condition that affects the ball of the foot, most commonly between the third and fourth toe. It also causes numbness in the feet.
All the given disease conditions also cause numbness in feet and Homeopathy medicines are highly effective to treat numbness in feet. These medicines treat the root cause of numbness in feet and yield great results.
Causes of numbness in legs and feet:
- Postural habits that put pressure on nerves or reduce blood flow in the lower limbs are the most common cause of temporary numbness in the legs and feet.
- INJURIES: – Injury to the lower limb, feet, ankle, hips, spine, and torso can put pressure on nerves leading to numbness of feet.
- SCIATICA: – Compression of the sciatic nerve can lead to numbness of feet.
- DIABETES: – There is numbness of feet in diabetic patients known as Diabetic Neuropathy.
- MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS: – There is sensory damage in limbs leading to numbness.
- Spine Cord Injury
- Peripheral Artery Disease
Numbness is one of the main symptoms associated with acute or chronic numbness. Along with this there will be tingling, burning, tickling, itching and a crawling feeling under the skin.
Homeopathic Medicines For Numbness Feet and Legs:
Agaricus Muscaris is useful for numbness of feet and legs arising from a spinal injury. There is incoordination of the brain and spinal cord. Twitching and trembling can be felt all through this patient. Weakness and heaviness of feet are also seen. Good remedy indicated for numbness of the feet and toes linked with frostbite.
Hypericum is useful to treat numbness of feet arising from nerve injury. Crawling sensation, the tingling sensation can be associated with numbness. Sometimes sensation as if pricking of needles can be felt along with burning sensation.
It’s a significant medicine for treating numbness of feet, especially of the Heel. Heels feel numb from stepping. The heaviness of limbs leading to the staggering of gait. Numbness and insensibility of the leg at night is the main symptom for Alumina. Numbness arising out of improper posture can be very well treated by Alumina.
Numbness of feet and legs arises seen especially at night and cold season. Sour smelling sweat is seen on palm and soles. One of the best remedies for numbness arising from sciatica.
Phosphorus is one of the top medicine useful for numbness of feet and legs. There is a sensation as if legs have fallen asleep. The feet feel heavy and there may be coordination movements of the feet, causing the person to make missteps when walking.
Homeopathic medicine treats numbness along with the associated symptoms of nerve damage, thereby treating the root cause. These homeopathic medicines are considered safe and free from side effects. It is advisable to consult a doctor then taking medicine on your own. Dr. Vaseem Choudhary at Homeo Care Clinic, Pune will give you the best treatment for Numbness in the Feet and Legs.