Gout is a disease characterized by excessive accumulation of uric acid in one or more joints. The increased amount of uric acid in the blood is called hyperuricemia. Uric acid is produced in our body after the breakdown of purines found in some food. Generally kidney filter out the uric acid from the blood. Under some circumstances when body makes the more uric acid or the kidneys fail to excrete the uric acid from the body, it leads to the formation of uric acid crystals which settle in the joints causing sudden and severe pain.
Risk factors of Gout
The factors which contribute to the increase in the uric acid level in our blood are as follows:
- A diet rich in red meat and shellfish contains excessive purines which puts the person at risk of having gout.
- Drinking beverages sweetened with fructose increase the uric acid level in the blood.
- Consumption of alcohol mainly beer causes hyperuricemia.
- People having chronic diseases like untreated hypertension, Diabetes, Heart disease or kidney diseases are more prone to have gout.
- Obese people generally tend to have more uric acid in their blood.
- Certain medications like ACE inhibitors and beta blockers may contribute to an increase in the uric acid level in the blood.
Symptoms of Gout
Gout can be called an acute form of arthritis causing sharp and sudden pain in one or more joints. The most commonly affected part is the great toe, but it may include other joints as well like knees, ankles, elbows, wrists and fingers.
The affected joint gets inflamed, swollen, and red. The onset of pain is sudden which is generally non-radiating. Joint movements are restricted and painful. Pain gets aggravated at the slightest touch.
Gout can be managed by improving day-to-day lifestyle in diet and physical regime. The following measures should be taken to avoid risk of having intense pain of gout.
- Decrease consumption of purine-rich diets such as red meat and shellfish to prevent the risk of having gout.
- Restricted consumption of Aerated drink which contains fructose sweetener helps to decrease uric acid in the blood.
- Avoid the consumption of beer to decrease hyperuricemia.
- Increasing the intake of water help in the proper functioning of kidneys and prevent renal diseases, which cause gout.
- Regular physical exercise prevents obesity which is one of the causes of gout.
Scope of Homeopathy :
Homeopathy has a great scope in treating acute and chronic conditions of gout. Homeopathy works on the law of similimum and homeopathic remedy thus derived is able to cure the person as a whole and not just the disease part. Homeopathic medicines help to reduce pain and swelling with a single simple medication.
Homeopathy acts on the psychosomatic level and restores health by eradicating the root cause and hence preventing the reoccurrence of gout and providing a permanent cure.
There are some homeopathic medicines that have a specific action on gouty diathesis. These medicines are as follows:
- Colchicum: This remedy is indicated in chronic cases of gout. The great toe is marked affected. The affected part is inflamed and sensitive to touch. The pain aggravated in the evening and at night. There is increased weakness and internal chilliness with an aversion to warm weather.
- Ledum Pal: This remedy can be thought of where gouty affection takes place from below upward. The pain usually starts in the feet and radiates upward. Small joints are commonly involved. The person can not tolerate external warmth, therefore, aversion to hot fomentation is seen in this remedy. The pain gets ameliorated by cold application in general.
- Benzoic acid: This remedy is of great help when gout affects the knee and great toe. Inflammation of knee with cracking sound at attempt to move. Uric acid crystals in the form of nodules can be seen on the knee and great toe. Mainly the right toe gets affected with severe pain at night. Gout with offensive urine is present in this remedy.
- Calcarea fluor: This remedy is indicated where uric acid deposits are seen on finger joints. The toe and knees are also involved. The character of the pain is stabbing in nature. Pain gets aggravated by changes in weather and ameliorated by warm application.
- Rhododendron: This remedy is useful in the right-sided affection of the body. There is inflammation of joints mainly the great toe. The pain worsens in the early morning or by prolonged sitting and standing. Condition flares up before the storm. The person feels better by warmth.
In conclusion, Homeo Care Clinic offers a holistic approach to treating gout. The remedies mentioned above can treat the underlying causes of the condition and offer relief from the discomfort. However, it is important to consult a qualified homeopathic practitioner for the correct dosage and duration of treatment. Homeo Care Clinic provides comprehensive care for various ailments, including gout, and offers customized treatment plans based on individual requirements. To schedule an appointment or learn more about our services, please visit our website or give us a call. Our friendly staff will be happy to assist you.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram for valuable insights into the world of homeopathy and holistic health.
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/homeocareclinicpune
Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/homeocareclinic_in