- COPD Foundation is a global organization whose aim is to prevent and achieve cures in COPD and protect the lives of people from its ill effects.
- November 14th is ought to be the COPD awareness Day where people are known about the benefits of healthy lungs.
- Orange is the official colour of COPD awareness.
- The world first COPD day was held in the year 2002.
- More than 50 countries participate in various activities carried out on World COPD Day.
- The theme for the year 2021 is
HEALTHY LUNGS ARE NEVER MORE IMPORTANT
- The aim is to highlight that the burden of COPD remains in spite of the ongoing global COVID pandemic.
CAUSES OF COPD
- Tobacco smoking
- Exposure to fumes from burning fuel
- Occupational exposure to dust
- Alpha 1 antitrypsin deficiency
- Air pollution
- History of childhood respiratory infection
- Known case of asthma
- Respiratory infections are caused by pathogens such as Haemophilus, influenza, streptococcus pneumonia.
TYPES Of COPD
It is a condition where air sacs of the lungs get damaged which results in chronic cough and difficulty in breathing.
It is a term used for inflammation of bronchioles. There is a productive cough that lasts for three months for two consecutive years.
- Chronic cough with mucus
- Wheezing in the chest on breathing
- Tightness in the chest
- Weight loss
- Reduced appetite
- Sleep problems
- Swelling in ankles feet and legs
- Lack of energy
Foods to avoid in cases of COPD
- Fried food
- Aerated drinks
- Excess salt intake
- Dairy products such as cheese, yoghurt, butter.
- Desserts such as ice creams.
- Vegetables such as broccoli, radish, cabbage.
- Burgers, hot dogs, pizzas.
This is one of the topmost remedies for dry hacking cough .patient often complains of rusty colour sputum. Complaints are aggravated more at the slightest touch, or by entering a warm room. Thirst for large quantities of water at long intervals . Shortness of breath is also present due to prolong cough.
This is also one of the best remedies for COPD. physicians often claim that there is emphysema of the aged coughing and gasping consequently present. There is a great rattling of mucus in the chest with shortness of breath .patient is unable to breathe at rest also.
This is also one of the best remedies for COPD. There is excessive dyspnea and cough with mucus secretion. Complaints aggravate more on eating and lying down.
This is also one of the best remedies for COPD. The sensation of a splinter in the throat is the characteristic feature of this remedy. Stitches in the throat extending to the ear. Rattling croaking cough complaints aggravate in cold dry weather or cold wind slightest draught of air, touch, motion.
This is also indicated in chronic cough with mucus. There is inflammation of the throat with stitches on swallowing. Tubercular laryngitis especially when ulceration commences. Food and drink regurgitate through the nose. Expectoration is bloody, thick, purulent tickling cough, dyspnea. Night cough present.