Anus is a small muscular opening at the end of the GI tract through which stool gets evacuated from the body. When any tear or cracks occur in the anal mucosa, It results in a painful disorder called an anal fissure. It can affect people of any age.
An anal fissure is resulting most likely from chronic constipation. The other causes could be Crohn’s disease, IBS, Anal intercourse, or childbirth.
The common symptoms may include pain and burning while passing stool along with itching in the anal area, and streaks of blood may appear in the stool. The pain may remain several hours after passing stool. It can produce a severe impact on people’s walks of life.
Scope of Homeopathy :
Homeopathy has a marked effect and can be thought of as the first line of treatment in case of anal fissure. Homeopathy acts on a psychosomatic level. Homeopathic remedies repair the tear and cracks in the anal canal and stop the tendency of recurrence by eliminating the root cause after a detailed case taking.
Management with Auxiliary Mode of Treatment
Intake of fiber-rich food like whole grains, vegetables, and fruits helps to improve hard stool. Daily 25-35 gms of dietary fiber is necessary for evacuation of soft stool Taking plenty of water help to improve bowel movement. Along with this, taking a sitz bath ( soaking in potassium permanganate solution) daily for 10-15 min can provide relief in soreness of the Anal mucosa.
Homeopathic Medicines For Fissure in Ano
There are many Homeopathic medicines that have a specific action in the Ano rectal region, some of them are as follows:
- Ratanhia: This remedy is well indicated when burning and pain in the anal region remains several hours after passing stool with a sensation of knife-like cutting pain during passing stool. Stools require great effort for their expulsion. All the complaints are ameliorated by the application of cold water.
- Aesculus: This remedy is useful where there is Burning and shooting pain in an anal region with chills radiating to the back after passing stool. There is always the sensation as if the anus is full of small sticks. Stool is large, dry and hard. All complaints get worse during the climacteric period.
- Nitric acid : This remedy is well indicated where very little stool evacuate even after great straining and efforts to pass stool. The rectum feels as if torn with profuse bright bleeding. The person feels irritable and exhausted after stool. Discharges are offensive.
- Paeonia: This remedy can be thought of when there is biting and itching in the anus. Burning in anus after stool followed by chilliness. Ulceration of anal region covered with crust with the swollen orifice.
- Graphites: This remedy is indicated when stool is large, difficult, and knotty mixed with mucus and undigested food. Itching in the anus with soreness and smarting pain in the anus during and after stool. The stool is brownish and fetid with a sour odor.
In conclusion, Homeo Care Clinic offers a holistic approach to treating fissures in ano. The remedies mentioned above can treat the underlying causes of the condition and offer relief from the discomfort. However, it is important to consult a qualified homeopathic practitioner for the correct dosage and duration of treatment. Homeo Care Clinic provides comprehensive care for various ailments, including fissures in ano, and offers customized treatment plans based on individual requirements.
To schedule an appointment or learn more about our services, please visit our website or give us a call. Our friendly staff will be happy to assist you.