- Seborrheic Dermatitis is a common skin condition that mainly affects your scalp
- It mainly targets oily areas of the body such as the scalp, nose, eyebrows, chest, Eyelids, ears.
- Formation of malassezia
- Diseases such as Parkinson disease, depression
- Irregular response of the immune system
- Weakened response in organ transplant, HIV, alcoholic pancreatitis.
- Recovery from heart conditions
- Cold and dry weather
- Oily skin with continuous oil production
- Hormonal imbalance
- Harsh chemicals
- Endocrine disease that leads to obesity.
TYPES OF SEBORRHEIC DERMATITIS
Seborrheic Dermatitis of scalp
- The appearance of white patchy scales or thin crusts formation on hair follicles also attached to the hair shaft.
- Yeast formation on the scalp with continuous scratching which becomes red swollen and inflamed.
- Too much itching may also lead to oozing of blood from the scalp giving it a foul odour or smell.
Seborrheic Dermatitis of face
- The appearance of the yellowish race with oily scales on the face with continuous itching on face
- Affected sides are mostly in between eyebrows and the side of the nose
- Continuous itching is present.
- Skin flakes on your scalp, eyebrows, beard.
- The appearance of white or yellow scale crust on the affected part.
- Red skin
- Continuous itching and scratching.
- Swelling inflamed dry skin
- Foul odour
- Filthy appearance
Tips To Avoid From Occurrence Of Seborrheic Dermatitis
- Avoid hair sprays
- Avoid a variety of chemicals on the scalp and face
- Avoid usage of cosmetic
- Avoid products with more alcohol content.
- Use antifungal products to prevent recurrence on physician advice
- Consume Vitamin D in form of tablets or as a source of food.
- Facial moisturizer and usage of hair shampoo can be useful to get rid of dermatitis.
- Avoid excess exposure to cold weather.
- Avoid processed, canned, packed food
- Avoid eating too much oily and spicy food.
- Use gentle and mild shampoo twice a week for scalp dermatitis.
- Avoid alcohol intake.
- Avoid cold drinks.
Diet To Be Eaten In Seborrheic Dermatitis
- Eat plenty of green leafy vegetables
- Eat tomatoes can be eaten raw too.
- The use of olive oil in food is beneficial
- Fruits such as berries, cherries are eaten.
- Avoid junk food instead opt for almonds in snacks.
- Consume Vitamin E tablets on physician advice.
- Food that is high in vitamin C such as citrus fruits, peppers also plays a sedative role in treating dermatitis.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Apple cider vinegar also helps in reducing dermatitis.
- Avoid excess sugary products.
Homeopathic Systems Have Shown Maximum Benefits In Treating Dermatitis From Their Holistic Approach Following Are A Few Remedies Found Useful In Clinical Practice.
This is one of the best remedies in treating dermatitis in weak and debilitating individuals. More prone to fair complexion. The appearance of white scales on the scalp with intolerable itching is a well-marked feature of this remedy. Circular patches on bare spots are seen. Great anxiety and restlessness are well-marked features of this remedy.
This is also one of the best remedies for hair and face dermatitis. mostly suited to people with the formation of yellow scales on the face and hair shaft and in between eyebrows. The scales are sticky in nature with a moist appearance. Heat aggravates itching more. The redness of the face is well marked.
This is also one of the topmost remedy for dermatitis. Dry hair with splits with severe hair fall is a well-marked feature of this remedy. Dermatitis is better marked at the back of the ears and around the nasal cavity Slight touch makes the part more inflamed.
This medication is mostly prescribed to people who complain of greasy oily scalp with redness and flakiness. The scalp is covered with white scarfs, burning sensation of the scalp along with severe itching is present. The face is oily with redness.
This is also one of the topmost remedies for seborrheic Dermatitis. The appearance of white scales presents on the scalp with foul-smelling. continuous itching present .oozing of blood from the inflamed area with the stinging type of pain present. Too much scratching causes severe burning in the scalp and in the face.