Diet for Blood Pressure (BP)
Diet to be followed:
- Eat more fruits like apples, bananas grapes, mangoes, melons, oranges, peaches. Pineapples, kiwi.
- Prefer eating vegetables at lunch and dinner time such as spinach, carrot cabbage, tomatoes, green peas, french beans.
- Can have fish, sardines.
- Snacks can prefer nuts, raisins, unsalted popcorn, oats.
- Add beans to your diet
- Use olive oil for cooking food
- Can include fat-free yogurt once a day.
- Whole wheat, bajra, jawar, wheat flour.
- Sprouts and legumes such as Matki rajma.
- Vegetarians can eat all deals such as moong dal, masoor dal, Toor Dal.
- Mushroom,bottle guard, ladyfinger can be added to meals on daily basis.
- Dry corn, ragi,poha is also safe for these patients.
- Food items that contain nitrates reduce blood pressure such as beet and pomegranate juice.
- Can eat dark chocolate.
- Nonvegetarians can eat eggs, grilled chicken.
Diet to be Avoided
- Processed meat, sausages should be avoided
- High salt intake to be avoided
- Soy sauce, salad dressings with an excessive amount of mayonnaise to be avoided
- Frozen pizza to be avoided
- Pickles, salt, and sugar products to be restricted
- Soups, bread rolls to be avoided
- Full fat milk, cream, cheese should be restricted
- Excessive usage of oil to avoided for cooking
- Processed deserts with high amounts of sugar such as puddings to be restricted
- Red meat such as beef, lamb, pork to be limited.
- Pastries,cakes to be avoided
- Ketchup, chili sauce, soya sauce to be avoided.
Dr. Vaseem Choudhary – Homeo Care Clinic, Pune.
Dr. Vaseem Choudhary and his team will guide you with your diet details in cases of Blood Pressure (BP) so if you are looking for your assistance then please visit our center.